OMG this chili pie! ❤️ with a cornbread crust. This recipe is some other favourite popping out of Ambitious Kitchen. Easy to make, packed with protein because of chicken and white beans, and particularly good right through the cooler seasons when all you need is just a little comfort food.
I mainly made a thicker model of my beloved white chicken chili, with the exception of this time I used white beans, ground chicken and green chiles for a bit of kick of warmth. Plus let’s now not fail to remember the sweet corn and naturally, the honey pumpkin cornbread that’s baked on top. Top it with slightly yogurt, guac and salsa and also you’ve got your self one of the vital absolute best dinners you’ve had in a while. TRUST YO GIRL.
Ingredients in white chicken chili pie
This scrumptious white chicken chili pie is packed with protein because of white beans and lean floor turkey, has lots of flavorful spices, and is crowned with a fantastic pumpkin cornbread crust. You’ll love the candy & savory elements. Here’s what you’ll wish to make it:
- For the chili combination: white beans, chicken broth or water, olive oil, white onion, garlic, a can of mild green chiles, lean ground chicken or turkey & sweet corn.
- Spices: ground cumin, chili powder, coriander, dried oregano, salt & pepper.
- For the pumpkin cornbread: one egg, honey, olive oil or melted butter, unsweetened almond milk, pumpkin puree (you'll be able to make your own with this tutorial!), whole wheat pastry flour (you'll be able to additionally use all objective flour, white complete wheat flour or gluten unfastened oat flour), medium-grind yellow cornmeal, baking powder & salt.
- For garnish: jalapeño slices, avocado or guacamole, cilantro, greek yogurt/bitter cream, salsa/scorching sauce.
How to make white chicken chili pie
- First, upload ½ cup of the drained white beans to a blender alongside with 1 cup broth or water. Blend on prime till neatly mixed. Set apart.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a big deep 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium prime heat, add onions, garlic and green chiles and sauté for 3-5 mins until onions are smooth. Next, add in the flooring chicken/turkey, get a divorce the meat and cook dinner till now not crimson.
- Stir in the cumin, chili powder, coriander and oregano. Add salt and pepper to style then scale back warmth to low. Next, stir in the corn, cilantro, pureed beans and remaining whole white beans and gently simmer in combination for 5 mins. Remove from heat and set aside while you make the cornbread topping.
- To make the cornbread topping: In a big bowl, whisk the egg, honey, oil, almond milk and pumpkin puree together until neatly blended. Next stir within the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Pour cornmeal topping over the chili aggregate and unfold lightly towards the edges of the skillet.
- Top the batter with a couple of slices of jalapeños. Bake for 25-Half-hour until cornbread is quite golden brown on the edges and filling is bubbling. Serve with guacamole, cilantro, sour cream/greek yogurt and hot sauce. Serves 6.
Customize this white chicken chili pie
- Make it vegetarian: be happy to change the ground chicken with any other can of white beans or chickpeas. Be sure to also use water or vegetarian broth within the chili mixture.
- Make it gluten unfastened: merely use gluten free oat flour in the pumpkin cornbread crust. Easy!
- Make it in a pan: If you do not have a cast iron skillet or an ovenproof skillet, be at liberty to switch the chili aggregate to a 9×9 inch pan or one thing an identical and pour the cornbread batter over it and bake as directed. It will nonetheless be very best!
Make it forward of time
Feel unfastened to save time by way of making the filling for the white chicken chili pie the day sooner than! Simply retailer it in the fridge in an airtight container. When you’re ready to complete the pie, add it back in your skillet, top with the cornbread mixture and bake as directed.
How to freeze white chicken chili pie
Before baking: prepare dinner the chili combination and add the cornbread topping. Wrap the entire pie in tinfoil and place in the freezer for up to 2 months. When in a position to prepare dinner, re-wrap the pie with new tinfoil and bake it covered within the oven for Half-hour at 375 degrees F. Remove the foil and bake the pie for an additional 35-Forty minutes exposed.
After baking: you can both bake the entire recipe, cool it to room temperature, scoop it into servings, place in freezer protected containers and then freeze. Or you can bake it, deliver to room temp, after which freeze all of the pan. Just you'll want to wrap with tinfoil. Once in a position to reheat, thaw it out. Then bake, coated at 350 degrees F for 30-Forty five minutes or till heated via.
More pumpkin recipes to take a look at
Spinach Bacon Pumpkin Mac and Cheese
Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sour Cream Sauce
Saucy Baked Pumpkin Pasta
Slow Cooker Black Bean Quinoa Pumpkin Chicken Chili
Vegetarian Spinach Pumpkin Lasagna
I hope you love this white chicken chili pie! Be certain to depart a remark and fee the recipe underneath if you are making it. Thanks for being right here — I respect you! xo.
White Chicken Chili Pie with Pumpkin Cornbread Crust
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 1 hour
Delicious white chicken chili pie with a good looking pumpkin cornbread crust. This hearty and warming white chicken chili pie is well gluten loose and the perfect mix of candy and savory. An superb dinner for the entire circle of relatives!
- For the chili mixture:
- 1 (15 ounce) white beans, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (Five ounce) can mild green chiles
- 1 pound lean floor chicken or turkey (no less than 93% lean)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup recent or frozen sweet corn
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- For the pumpkin cornbread:
- 1 massive egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour, white entire wheat flour or gluten unfastened oat flour
- 1/2 cup medium-grind yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For garnish:
- jalapeño slices
- avocado or guacamole
- greek yogurt/sour cream
- salsa/hot sauce
First, upload ½ cup of the drained white beans to a blender alongside with 1 cup broth or water. Blend on top until smartly combined. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat olive oil in a big deep 10 inch forged iron skillet over medium top heat, upload onions, garlic and green chiles and sauté for 3-Five minutes until onions are mushy. Next, add in the ground chicken/turkey, break up the beef and cook dinner until not purple.
Stir within the cumin, chili powder, coriander and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste then cut back warmth to low. Next, stir in the corn, cilantro, pureed beans and ultimate complete white beans and gently simmer in combination for five mins. Remove from heat and set aside whilst you are making the cornbread topping.
To make the cornbread topping: In a large bowl, whisk the egg, honey, oil, almond milk and pumpkin puree in combination till neatly blended. Next stir in the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Pour cornbread topping over the chili combination and unfold evenly towards the edges of the skillet.
Top the batter with a few slices of jalapeños. Bake for 25-Half-hour till cornbread is quite golden brown at the edges and filling is bubbling. Serve with guacamole, cilantro, sour cream/greek yogurt and hot sauce. Serves 6.
If you should not have a forged iron skillet or an ovenproof skillet, feel free to switch the chili mixture to a 9x9 inch pan or something identical and pour the cornbread batter over it and bake as directed. It will still be best possible!
If you want to make this vegetarian, you can use another can (or two) of white beans instead of the ground chicken, and I recommend including a bit more corn!
Make it forward of time: save time via making the filling for the white chicken chili pie the day sooner than! Simply retailer it within the refrigerator in an airtight container. When you are ready to complete the pie, upload it again in your skillet, most sensible with the cornbread mixture and bake as directed.
To freeze: cook the chili mixture and add the cornbread topping. Wrap the entire pie in tin foil and position within the freezer for up to 2 months. When in a position to cook dinner, re-wrap the pie with new tinfoil and bake it covered within the oven for 30 minutes at 375 levels F. Remove the foil and bake the pie for an additional 35-40 minutes uncovered.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 serving (in line with 6)
Saturated fats: 2.7g
Recipe through: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by way of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also