I teased this improbable recipe a couple of weeks ago on Instagram and in response to everyone’s response I knew I needed to get those posted ASAP. These are seriously essentially the most scrumptious, fluffy vegan banana muffins I’ve ever made (or eaten!) I made these beauties with oatmeal for a hearty, nutritious spice up that takes them to the following stage.
If you’ve been loving my vegan banana bread you’re going to completely adore those perfectly moist vegan banana oatmeal muffins. They’re freezer-friendly and make the easiest, easy breakfast or snack for the kiddos.
As at all times, be at liberty to get a lil’ wild and add some chocolate chips or your fav chopped nuts! You do you. Enjoy!
What makes these banana oatmeal muffins vegan?
We’re skipping the dairy and eggs in those fluffy vegan banana muffins and are as an alternative using:
- Flaxseed meal as an alternative of eggs
- Coconut oil as a substitute of butter
- Dairy unfastened milk as an alternative of normal milk
- And dairy loose chocolate chips as a substitute of standard ones
Everything you wish to have to make vegan banana muffins
This healthy vegan banana muffin recipe is made with quite a few pantry staples for ease and so they’re seriously some of the fluffiest muffins I’ve ever made. Here’s what you’ll want to cause them to:
- Bananas: you’ll want about 3 bananas to naturally sweeten the muffin and give them that scrumptious banana flavor.
- Coconut sugar: we’re naturally sweetening these vegan banana muffins with coconut sugar.
- Flaxseed meal: instead of eggs, these banana muffins have flaxseed meal to stay them vegan and help them grasp in combination well.
- Milk: be at liberty to use any dairy unfastened milk you’d like.
- Coconut oil: you’ll additionally need some coconut oil so as to add moisture to the muffins. Vegan butter works just as smartly!
- Flour: those vegan banana muffins are made with all purpose flour to keep them super fluffy. See under for my exchange suggestions!
- Oats: who doesn’t love a excellent oatmeal muffin? You’ll need rolled oats for the easiest texture.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon & salt.
- Optional add-ins: I like mixing in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts or pecans, however the choice is yours! Be certain to use dairy free chocolate chips to stay them vegan.
Optional component swaps
I’d suggest sticking to the recipe as perfect you'll be able to in order that the banana oatmeal muffins turn out perfectly fluffy and scrumptious, however if you do need to make some substitutions here’s what I can recommend:
- Choose your sugar. I love to stay these subtle sugar free via using coconut sugar, however brown sugar will work simply as well.
- Swap your flour. Using all goal flour gives them the perfect, fluffy texture, however you'll be able to also use an entire wheat flour (I recommend complete wheat pastry flour). If you do use entire wheat flour you’ll most likely need 2-4 extra tablespoons of milk as entire wheat flour has a tendency to be more dense.
- Make them gluten loose. I suggest attempting chickpea flour or an all objective gluten loose flour, but I do not recommend swapping for almond flour or coconut flour.
Can I take advantage of steel reduce oats?
I might now not counsel using steel reduce oats in this recipe as they are much grittier and denser. Rolled oats make these vegan banana muffins super fluffy.
How to make use of frozen bananas in muffins
Yes, those vegan banana oatmeal muffins will paintings the use of frozen bananas! Just you should definitely thaw your bananas utterly and drain off the surplus liquid in order that the muffins don’t end up too moist.
Tips for making the most efficient vegan banana muffins
- Use extra ripe bananas. I imply EXTRA ripe and virtually brown. They’ll give those vegan banana oatmeal muffins a natural sweetness.
- Use fresh baking soda & powder. This will be sure that the muffins rise correctly. If your baking soda or baking powder is more than 3 months old I’d counsel swapping it out.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Mix the flour into your wet components until it’s simply mixed. If you overmix the batter your muffins may prove dense and almost rubbery, which we don’t want. It’s ok if there are some lumps of banana within the batter!
Freezer-friendly banana oatmeal muffins
I like freezing these vegan banana muffins for easy breakfasts and snacks. Simply wrap muffins individually in freezer-safe bags or store them in a big freezer bag. When you’re able to enjoy them, reheat for 30-Forty five seconds in the microwave or simply thaw them at room temperature.
Recommended tools for baking muffins
Check out all of our favorite kitchen essentials within the shop.
More muffin recipes you’ll love
Get all of our delicious muffin recipes here!
I hope you love these fluffy vegan banana oatmeal muffins! If you're making them I’d love so that you can depart a comment and score letting me understand how you loved them. Enjoy xo!
Oh So Fluffy Vegan Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 minutes
The fluffiest vegan banana oatmeal muffins you'll be able to ever make! These easy vegan banana muffins are naturally sweetened with banana and coconut sugar and made additional nutritious with oatmeal. Options so as to add chocolate chips or chopped nuts for the very best breakfast or snack!
- For the wet ingredients:
- 3 medium to huge further ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ⅓ cup mashed banana)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar (or sub brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ½ cup dairy free milk of selection
- ⅓ cup melted and cooled coconut oil (or sub vegan butter)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- For the dry components:
- 1 cup all goal flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon flooring cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional add-ins:
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners (we’re most effective making 10 muffins!) and grease the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray to forestall sticking.
In a large bowl combine together the mashed banana, coconut sugar, flaxseed meal, dairy loose milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract till neatly combined.
In a large bowl, whisk in combination the dry substances: flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add dry elements to wet ingredients and blend till simply blended. Do not overmix; it’s utterly wonderful if there are some lumps of banana, and so forth. Feel loose to fold in ½ cup chopped walnuts or ½ cup chocolate chips (or each!) if you’d like.
Evenly divide batter between 10 muffin liners. Sprinkle tops with a couple of additional oats to lead them to beautiful. Bake for 18-25 mins or till a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean or with only some crumbs hooked up. Allow muffins to chill within the pan for 5-10 mins, then remove and transfer to a twine rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Frozen bananas will have to be thawed first and then tired of excess liquid ahead of the use of in this recipe.
If you use whole wheat flour (I recommend complete wheat pastry or white whole wheat flour), you’ll most likely want to upload 2-Four more tablespoons of milk to the recipe.
To make gluten free: I recommend the use of chickpea flour or an all objective gluten free flour. I do not counsel the usage of almond flour or coconut flour in this recipe.
To freeze: wrap muffins personally in freezer-safe bags or retailer them in a big freezer bag. When you’re able to revel in them, reheat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave or simply thaw them at room temperature.
Servings: 10 muffins
Serving dimension: 1 muffin
Saturated fats: 6.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography through: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also