It’s legit: I’m on a Greek and Mediterranean food kick. I will’t stop dreaming about gyros, greek salads and tzatziki sauce on EVERYTHING. Therefore, I decided to whip up this tremendous easy wholesome chickpea salad for spring. It’s filled with contemporary veggies, tomatoes, spices, feta, olives and protein-packed chickpeas!
The best possible section about this chopped chickpea salad is that there’s no cooking required; all you’ll do is chop the veggies and toss them with the gentle lemon dressing. You can marinate it in the fridge for an hour or so, but it isn’t necessary.
Normally I love to eat this salad for lunch over combined greens or spinach however you'll be able to also revel in it as is. It’s stuffed with plant based protein, a super way to pack for lunch, and even as a very easy crowd pleaser for a BBQ or potluck, so let’s do it up!
How to make chickpea salad:
Step 1: Chop your entire veggies. This will have to most effective take about 10-15 minutes.
Step 2: Place the veggies and drained chickpeas in a large bowl.
Step 3: Make your dressing by way of whisking together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
Step 4: Enjoy in an instant or place in the refrigerator and eat later!
How long will this chickpea salad remaining?
This greek chickpea salad should final any place from 3-Five days covered in the fridge. After a few days the cucumbers will wreck down somewhat, so I like to recommend enjoying it inside of 3 days of constructing the salad.
Tips for making greek chickpea salad:
- Feel loose to add 1 avocado for added nutrition and healthy fat.
- If you’d like additional plant primarily based protein, or wish to make this salad slightly heartier, check out adding in a cup of cooked quinoa.
- Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans, so you'll be able to purchase either.
- If you make this for a celebration, I extremely counsel doubling the salad recipe.
More healthy lunch recipes you’ll love:
Avocado Tomato Chickpea Pasta Salad
Chopped Thai Kale Salad with Peanut Ginger Dressing
Healing Lemongrass Chickpea Thai Green Curry
Vegan Curried Broccoli Chickpea Salad
Famous Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad
If you are making this recipe, remember to leave a remark under and fee the recipe! You can also snap and film and post it on Instagram the usage of the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen.
The Easiest Chickpea Greek Salad
Prep Time 15 mins
Total Time 15 mins
This simple and simple Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad recipe takes less than 20 minutes to throw in combination. Packed with mediterranean flavors, chickpeas, tomatoes, bell pepper, feta, cucumber, olives and a mild lemon dressing. You'll love this wholesome salad to carry to events or to pack for lunch!
- For the salad:
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 purple bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced pink onion
- 15 grape tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup halved grape tomatoes)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped if desired
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled or minimize into 1/2 inch cubes
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly floor salt and pepper, to style
Place all salad elements into a big bowl and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk in combination olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Pour onto salad and toss once more to smartly mix. Taste and upload salt and pepper as you want.
Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate, or serve immediately. Salad is easiest loved within 2-3 days after making.
Servings: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 serving
Recipe through: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by means of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also