It’s soccer szn people. That way a whole lot of family time, placing with buddies and taking part in the weekends.
Today, I’m bringing you one in every of my favorite simple meals for anytime you’re serving a crowd: slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches! Throw it all right into a crockpot after which omit about them till you’re able to serve. They’re nutritious, made with a home made sauce or even best for weeknight dinners. The best phase about those pulled chicken sandwiches isn’t just that they’re easy though, it’s also that you'll be able to keep them warm in the slow cooker till they’re able to be served. BOOM!
Ingredients in slow cooker pulled chicken sandwiches
These simple pulled chicken sandwiches are made with tremendous simple substances that you almost certainly already have for your pantry and refrigerator. The highest section? You just add the following to your slow cooker with your chicken and let your slow cooker work some magic:
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs: I really like using chicken thighs because they’re more tender, inexpensive and flavorful than regular chicken breast.
- Ketchup: feel free to use any sort. I desire a lower sugar ketchup.
- BBQ sauce: once more, you can use any roughly BBQ sauce you prefer. I prefer Stubb’s Spicy BBQ sauce as it’s decrease in sugar.
- Worcestershire sauce: slightly of Worcestershire provides an incredible savory taste.
- Apple cider vinegar: you’ll need to upload a bit acidity to the sauce. This is the type I use!
- Yellow mustard: some tangy yellow mustard pairs completely with the wonder of the BBQ sauce.
- Spices: we’re including cumin and cayenne for added scrumptious flavor.
- Hamburger buns: I really like a complete grain, seedy hamburger bun however feel free to use any emblem you’d like (even gluten free).
- Toppings: don’t omit my well-known homemade healthy coleslaw to move on top! You could additionally upload a slice of cheese, purple onion, recent tomato, crisp lettuce — the choices are never-ending.
How do you pull chicken?
Pulling chicken is much easier than it sounds. All it's a must to do is:
- Once your chicken is finished cooking in your slow cooker (after 6-7 hours on low, or 3-Four hours on prime) you’ll remove each chicken thigh with a slotted spoon and position it onto a chopping board.
- Take two forks and pull aside each and every chicken thigh until your chicken is totally shredded
- Add your newly pulled chicken back in your slow cooker and stir it into your sauce to soak up all of that saucy taste. Done!
How to retailer, freeze & reheat BBQ pulled chicken
To store: If you might have leftover pulled chicken, simply retailer it in an airtight bag or container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to Four days.
To freeze: permit the pulled chicken to cool completely earlier than moving it to a freezer safe bag or container. It will keep excellent in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow the pulled chicken to thaw in the refrigerator earlier than totally reheating or the usage of it.
To reheat: for a hands-off option you'll be able to add the leftover pulled chicken on your crock pot and place it on “warm” to heat it back up. Otherwise you can merely reheat it in the microwave or at the stovetop.
More techniques to use this crockpot pulled chicken
What goes well with pulled chicken sandwiches?
After topping your crock pot pulled chicken sandwiches with the scrumptious cilantro cabbage slaw, I like serving them with any of these healthy side dishes:
You can also serve the slow cooker pulled chicken in lettuce cups, on top of salad, and even in tacos. SO GOOD.
I do know you’re going to love these pulled chicken sandwiches, please let me know if you make them by means of leaving a remark and ranking the recipe beneath. I’d love to hear from you and it helps inspire others to make the recipe too! xo.
Incredible Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 3 hours
Total Time 3 hours 10 mins
Easy pulled chicken sandwiches crowned with a candy and tangy cabbage slaw. This wholesome slow cooker pulled chicken sandwich recipe is is very best for BBQ's, potlucks, or a delicious weeknight dinner all yr round! Try the healthy BBQ pulled chicken on a bun, in lettuce wraps, on salads and more.
- For the chicken:
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup low sugar bbq sauce (I love Stubb’s Spicy BBQ sauce)
- ¼ cup water or chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For the slaw:
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Freshly floor salt and pepper
- For serving:
- 4 entire grain or gluten unfastened seedy hamburger buns
Add ketchup, bbq sauce, water, worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, cumin and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Place chicken thighs on most sensible and turn over to coat the chicken thighs with the sauce. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on top for 3 hours.
Once carried out, shred chicken and place back within the slow cooker and stir with the sauce. Serve immediately or flip slow cooker to the nice and cozy atmosphere and serve later.
Make the slaw while the chicken is cooking: In a medium bowl combine carrots, cabbage, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, sesame oil and salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate until you are prepared to serve.
Once able to serve, use a slotted spoon to add chicken to bun, top with slaw and closing bun. You can also serve these with sliced cheese when you prefer. Serves 4.
Feel unfastened to double, triple, or quadruple recipe to serve a crowd!
Servings: 4 servings
Serving measurement: 1 sandwich (with entire grain bun)
Saturated fat: 3.8g
Recipe via: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography through: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also