I got serious about veggies the opposite day and realized that now and again the most straightforward tactics to make meals tasty are ceaselessly probably the most flavorful.
Today, I’m giving you a basic recipe for garlic roasted asparagus in the oven. Yes, it’s easy, however damnnnnn it’s good. This aspect dish simplest takes a handy guide a rough 20 minutes to throw in combination and is glorious paired with roasted chicken or my favorite salmon. In truth, if you have a big sufficient sheet pan, you'll make the salmon AND the asparagus on the similar time (or simply use two baking sheets!).
Ingredients in this garlic roasted asparagus recipe
As you'll be able to most definitely guess, this simple garlic roasted asparagus recipe uses tremendous simple substances. Put them together and also you get an exquisite, perfectly flavorful facet dish! You’ll want:
- Asparagus: that’s what we’re roasting, in fact!
- Sesame oil: you'll be able to additionally use olive oil, but the sesame oil in reality gives it that savory sesame flavor.
- Garlic: gimme the entire garlic on this recipe. Garlic powder will even paintings!
- Sesame seeds: I like toasted sesame seeds but you'll use black as well for a yummy, crunchy texture.
- Salt & pepper: to bring all the flavors in combination.
How to chop asparagus
The “stem” of asparagus spears is in fact very difficult and woody. You’ll wish to take away this part before roasting as it’s too difficult to eat. You can do so via simply snapping off the bottom, which is generally about 1 inch long, or moderately it off of every asparagus spear with a sharp knife.
How to roast asparagus
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and bring to an end the woody ends of your asparagus spears.
- Place asparagus in large bowl and add sesame oil and minced garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder); toss to combine. Arrange spears on huge baking sheet and generously sprinkle with sesame seeds. Season with a excellent quantity of sea salt and black pepper.
- Place in oven for 15-20 mins or until spears succeed in desired consistency. You should be capable to pierce them with a fork, however they must nonetheless be a bit of crisp. Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate to serve in an instant.
Tips for storing asparagus
The best method to retailer asparagus is in reality to retailer the spears as though they had been a host of vegetation! Add a couple of inches of water to a jar that may cling the entire spears, place the asparagus within the jar stem-side down, and retailer the jar in the refrigerator. I additionally recommend overlaying over the tops of the spears with a bag so that they stay recent.
What to serve with garlic roasted asparagus
Spicy Maple Glazed Salmon for Two!
How to Make an Easy Roasted Chicken
Goat Cheese & Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast with Caramelized Onions + Mushrooms
One Pan Ginger Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese
I do know you’re going to like this straightforward sesame garlic roasted asparagus. Please let me know if you make it by means of leaving a comment and rating the recipe below. I’d love to listen to from you and it is helping encourage others to make the recipe too! Enjoy xo.
Sesame Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 20 minutes
Flavorful sesame garlic roasted asparagus deliciously seasoned and cooked to crunchy perfection right in the oven. This simple roasted asparagus recipe comes together in just 20 mins for the most efficient Spring aspect dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (or sub olive oil)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or sub 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (too can use black sesame seeds)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 levels F. Cut the dry woody ends of the asparagus and discard.
Place asparagus in large bowl and upload sesame oil and minced garlic; toss to combine. Arrange spears on huge baking sheet and generously sprinkle with sesame seeds. Season with a excellent amount of salt and black pepper.
Place in oven for 15-20 minutes or until spears reach desired consistency. They should still be a bit of crisp. Remove from oven and switch to serving plate to serve instantly.
Servings: Four servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (according to 4)
Saturated fat: 1g
You May Like Also