All I could take into consideration last week was peanut butter and jelly variations.
Peanut butter jelly breakfast toast with further crunchy chia seeds. Peanut butter on a cinnamon raisin bagel (omg). Peanut butter and contemporary strawberries unfold on banana muffins. Peanut butter and jelly stuffed french toast.
Peanut butter and jelly endlessly and ever, amen.
It’s humorous, however PB&J doesn’t really feel like a nostalgic meals to me. My oldsters by no means excessively packed my lunch box with it, nor did they buy me the ones weird little pasty white crustless frozen PB&J sandwiches from Smucker’s. So I actually have no actual reason why or wisdom of why the flavor has been an necessity in my lifestyles nowadays; however I can’t help however CRAVE it.
Speaking of PB&J, what’s your favorite combo? I usually to head with crunchy peanut butter and raspberry jam. The grape has a tendency to be method too sweet for me; alternatively I realize it’s what many grew up on and will perpetually adore. Last week I tried apricot preserves on peanut butter toast, which was fantastic. So many variations, too little time.
Today I sought after to proportion a recipe I created for all you PB&J fanatics: Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal. It’s baked to perfection and I’m severely having a moment with this pretty breakfast skillet as it’s FULL of peanut butter flavor, wholesome fats and supplies over 8g protein consistent with serving.
What you’ll wish to make this peanut butter & jelly oatmeal bake
Not handiest is this PB&J baked oatmeal scrumptious, nevertheless it’s also SO easy to make and uses super easy components. Here’s what you’ll want:
- Coconut oil: to provide the oatmeal bake the very best amount of moisture you’ll want a little coconut oil. Feel loose to make use of melted butter or vegan butter as nicely.
- Peanut butter: gotta have that rich peanut butter flavor! Be certain to use a natural, drippy peanut butter and be at liberty to use creamy or crunchy.
- Maple syrup: we’re naturally sweetening this oatmeal bake with just a contact of natural pure maple syrup. You can also use honey.
- Egg: you’ll want one egg in this recipe to carry the oatmeal in combination. I haven’t tested with a flaxegg however let me know in case you do.
- Milk: I take advantage of unsweetened almond milk on this recipe but be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like.
- Oats: the majority of this recipe is made with old school rolled oats. Feel free to make use of gluten free!
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally want some baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- Jam: use any jam or jelly you like! I love the use of a low sugar strawberry or raspberry jam.
Customize your oatmeal bake
- Mix up the nut butter. If you’re no longer into peanut butter or are allergic, feel free to use almond butter or cashew butter.
- Add some contemporary fruit. I have additionally discovered that including 1/2 cup diced strawberries to the recipe is outstandingly tasty. It’s also scrumptious with sliced/chopped bananas on most sensible or baked right in.
- Go nuts. This PB&J baked oatmeal would also be scrumptious with some chopped peanuts, pecans or walnuts stirred within the batter or sprinkled on best.
Can I make this peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake vegan?
Yes! I feel a flax egg or a chia egg will paintings well on this recipe, however haven’t tested it to make certain. Let me know in the event you give it a take a look at.
Can I use metal cut or quick oats?
I might now not recommend the usage of metal lower oats or fast oats on this recipe as the feel is probably not the similar.
How to make peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal
- Prep your pan. Grease a big Nine inch skillet or 8×Eight inch pan with cooking spray or coconut oil and preheat your oven to 350 levels F.
- Mix the rainy. In a big bowl combine together your whole rainy substances until there aren’t any large lumps of peanut butter.
- Stir within the wet. Fold in all the dried components until well-combined and pour mixture into your pan.
- Dollop the jelly. Drop teaspoonfuls of jam onto the oatmeal bake and gently swirl with a knife.
- Bake & serve. Bake it up till it’s slightly golden brown, lower into slices and serve!
Make it into oatmeal cups
For simple, on-the-go PB&J baked oatmeal cups: merely pour the combination right into a ready muffin tin (I like to recommend the usage of liners AND spraying with cooking spray) and bake for 20-25 minutes until the oatmeal cups are set and barely golden brown. You’ll likely most effective get 8-10 baked oatmeal cups.
Meal prep this oatmeal bake
This peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal can easily be prepped ahead of time! I counsel making it both the morning of or the night ahead of, then chopping into particular person servings for easy reheating all through the week.
Storing & reheating tips
In the refrigerator
- To store: be certain that the peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake has utterly cooled, and then quilt the pan with tinfoil ahead of shifting it to the refrigerator. It will stay good coated in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- To reheat: you'll reheat particular person slices within the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
In the freezer
- To store: once the baked oatmeal has totally cooled, lower it into 6 squares/slices and wrap every square in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You can also freeze all the PB&J oatmeal bake for later by way of wrapping it nicely and hanging it in the freezer.
- To reheat: while you’re able to consume it, position the unwrapped frozen square of baked oatmeal on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 2nd intervals for 1-2 mins. To reheat all the baked oatmeal, simply reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F whilst it’s coated with tinfoil.
More oatmeal recipes you’ll love
Strawberry Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
Vanilla Brown Butter Pear Baked Oatmeal
Peanut Butter Blueberry Overnight Oats
The Best Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (gluten free!)
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Cups
Get all of our recipes using oats here!
I am hoping you're keen on this simple and scrumptious peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake! If you're making it you'll want to depart a comment & a rating so I know the way you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bake
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 40 mins
Easy to make peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bake that is naturally sweetened with slightly of natural maple syrup and dollops of your favorite jam. This protein-packed peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal is gluten loose, dairy free and can also be made into oatmeal cups! The best technique to enjoy a adolescence favorite for breakfast.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil (too can sub melted butter)
- 1/2 cup herbal drippy peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 egg, fairly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups old style rolled oats, gluten loose if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low sugar strawberry or raspberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Grease a large skillet or 8x8 inch baking pan with coconut oil or generously spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a big bowl, add in melted and cooled coconut oil, peanut butter, maple syrup, egg and almond milk. Whisk in combination until well mixed and no large lumps of peanut butter stay.
Fold in oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pour into prepared skillet/pan and ensure that oatmeal is calmly spread out.
Drop jam by means of teaspoonful onto oatmeal bake, then very gently swirl with a knife.
Bake for 30-35 minutes until slightly golden brown. Cut into 6 servings and revel in with almond milk.
Leftovers will have to be saved in the refrigerator for up to per week. See publish for freezing instructions.
Feel unfastened to bake in particular person desserts tins for a very simple transportable breakfast. Use muffin liners.
To make vegan: Use a flax or chia egg as an alternative of an ordinary egg. Make sure to use maple syrup instead of honey.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 serving
Saturated fat: 5.2g
Recipe by way of: Monique Volz // Photography by means of: Sarah Fennel
You May Like Also