We’re on a salad kick over right here at AK and I’m not mad about it. Today we’re placing my new tahini poppy seed dressing to paintings by means of tossing it with juicy peaches, crunchy shredded brussels sprouts, a candy & highly spiced nut combine and somewhat salty feta. YES. PLEASE.
The combo on this peach brussels sprouts salad is critically the whole lot you want and extra. I couldn’t forestall consuming it! Honestly so best with rooster, salmon and even some bacon tossed in. It particularly reminds me of an upgraded model of the strawberry poppyseed salad everyone knows and love. The absolute best summer lunch to make this week or an unbelievable recipe to serve at your subsequent BBQ!
We’ve related some of our fav proteins to add if you wish to make it a fuller meal, too, plus a variety of tactics to customise and are compatible any nutritional restrictions. Enjoy!
All of the goods on this peach brussels sprouts salad
The elements in this crunchy, delicious peach brussels sprouts salad are quite simple however work in combination so beautifully. The salad is nice, savory, salty and just AMAZING. Here’s what you’ll want:
- For the dressing: we’re the usage of a batch of my creamy tahini poppy seed dressing that adds the most productive flavor to the whole thing in the salad.
- For the produce: you’ll need some rather ripe peaches and a number of brussels sprouts.
- For the nuts: we’re using sliced almonds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), a bit of natural maple syrup and sea salt for the nut crunch combination.
- Optional: I really like adding crumbled feta cheese to this salad for any other savory element.
Customize your brussels sprouts peach salad
Because we’re preserving this salad rather easy, it’s easy to customise with elements you will have on hand.
- Swap the brussels sprouts. Kale would be every other nice base for this crunchy salad.
- Choose your fruit. Once fall rolls around this salad would also be scrumptious with sliced apples!
- Add some wholesome fats. A sliced avocado would upload a fantastic creaminess and spice up of healthy fats.
- Go nut free. Simply skip the almonds and double the pepitas to stay the salad nut free.
- Keep it vegan. Feel loose to make use of your favorite dairy free cheese crumbles or skip the cheese altogether.
Our favourite protein add-ons
Looking so as to add some extra protein to this brussels sprouts peach salad? Try:
Should I cook dinner the brussels sprouts?
No want! This peach brussels sprouts salad uses uncooked, shredded brussels sprouts that get nice and marinated within the tahini poppy seed dressing. Raw brussels sprouts give the salad additional scrumptious crunch.
Three simple techniques to shred brussels sprouts
Shredding a pound of brussels sprouts for this salad may sound daunting, but it surely’s more straightforward than you suppose! Here are 3 great ways to do it:
- Use a meals processor: trim the small stem off of the brussels sprouts and add them on your food processor about a handful or so at a time. Use the cutting attachment to your food processor and pulse until they’re nice and shredded.
- Use a box grater: you can shred your brussels sprouts in opposition to a box grater on the aspect with the most important holes. I’d counsel spraying the grater with a little of cooking spray so that the sprouts simply waft towards the grater.
- Shred them with a knife: that is the method I most often use, and when you get the grasp of it it's going to cross lovely temporarily. Using a pointy knife lower the stem off of your brussels sprouts and then cut them in part lengthwise. Then, with each and every part laying flat side down, chop your brussels sprouts into superb shreds. No want for them to be very best!
This crunchy peach brussels sprouts salad gets even better over the process a couple of days as it marinates in tahini poppy seed dressing. Store it in meal prep bins like these for as much as 4-5 days.
More delicious salad recipes to take a look at
Get all of our delicious salad recipes here!
I'm hoping you love this peach brussels sprouts crunch salad! If you're making it remember to leave a comment and a ranking so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Peach Brussels Sprouts Crunch Salad
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 mins
Gorgeous peach brussels sprouts salad with sweet & salty nuts and a creamy tahini poppy seed dressing. This vegetarian brussels sprouts peach salad is filled with a phenomenal mixture of textures and flavors. Enjoy it for the very best summer season lunch or facet dish on its own or together with your favorite protein!
- 1 batch tahini poppy seed dressing
- For the salad:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, outer yellow leaves and stems removed, and shredded
- 2 cups sliced peaches (from about 2 large or Three medium peaches)
- ⅓ cup feta crumbles (not obligatory however delicious!)
- For the nut crunch aggregate:
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup uncooked pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Sea salt
In a small bowl combine together tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup/honey, dijon mustard, poppyseeds, onion powder, salt and water to thin the dressing. Taste and add extra maple syrup or honey if you like your poppyseed dressing a little bit sweeter.
Next, shred the brussels sprouts by means of the usage of a meals processor with the reducing attachment and pulse until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. If you don’t have a food processor, be happy to use a pointy knife to thinly slice. You also have the ability of buying already shredded/shaved brussels sprouts in a bag from the store.
Add brussels to a big bowl and pour the dressing in all places. Use tongs to coat the brussels with the dressing. Let the dressing sit down and marinate the brussels for 10-15 minutes. While the brussels marinate and absorb the dressing, you can chop and prep all your other ingredients.
Finally make your nut crunch combination: place sliced almonds and pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium warmth. Toast for 3-5 minutes, stirring often till they turn relatively golden brown and fragrant, then flip off warmth and instantly upload in maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Stir for 30 extra seconds to coat, then switch to a plate or piece of parchment paper to cool for a few mins. Some of the nuts will rather stick in combination but this is what we wish for the ‘nut crunch’ within the salad. Allow to chill for five mins.
Add the sliced peaches to the brussels salad along side the nut crunch aggregate and feta crumbles and toss to mix. Enjoy!
To retailer: retailer this salad in an airtight container (or a couple of meal prep boxes like these) for up to 4-5 days. The dressing will proceed to marinate the brussels sprouts through the years in order that they style amazing!
Servings: Four servings
Serving size: 1 serving (based on 4)
Saturated fat: 4.1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography via: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also