Remember that beautiful lemon poppy seed baked oatmeal? The one that all of us went absolutely nuts for? Well get ready as a result of emblem new oatmeal bake full of extra citrus flavors you know and love.
Say hello to my orange baked oatmeal that actually tastes like an orange creamsicle.
I took the flavors from my orange creamsicle smoothie, combined them with the delicious, cake-like consistency of the lemon poppy seed baked oatmeal and created a brand new breakfast & brunch recipe that’s going to knock your socks off.
Top this orange creamsicle baked oatmeal with a luscious orange yogurt drizzle and feature your self a rattling just right morning any day of the week. Options so as to add chocolate chips, cranberries, walnuts and even blueberries are in the notes section of the recipe. If you are making it make sure you leave a remark and let me understand how you find it irresistible!
Everything you’ll wish to make orange baked oatmeal
This beautiful orange oatmeal bake is truly the very best solution to clean out your refrigerator and pantry. You’re going to love the combo of sweet and citrus flavors bursting in each and every chunk! Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Eggs: you’ll need two eggs to help the oatmeal bake set properly. I've no longer tested this recipe with flax eggs, but go away a comment should you do.
- Sweetener: this orange baked oatmeal is of course sweetened with a bit pure maple syrup.
- Extracts: I also added each vanilla extract and almond extract to this orange oatmeal bake and so they’re the key to making it taste like an orange creamsicle!
- Oranges: we’re the use of fresh orange juice and zest for that true citrus flavor on this baked oatmeal.
- Moisture: say good-bye to dry oatmeal bakes! You’ll want just a little butter or coconut oil for moisture, plus any milk you’d like. I like to use vanilla almond milk for extra flavor but any milk will paintings.
- Oats: you’ll need old fashioned rolled oats in this recipe, gluten loose if desired. Do now not use steel minimize oats!
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally need some baking powder and salt to make sure this bakes correctly.
- For the vanilla orange yogurt drizzle: that beautiful drizzle is made with greek yogurt, just a little powdered sugar, more orange juice & zest plus some vanilla extract for creamy dreamy vanilla orange flavor.
Take this orange oatmeal bake to the next stage
While the orange baked oatmeal is incredibly scrumptious and bursting with taste, listed here are some amusing blend ins and taste add-ins you might also love:
- Add slightly chocolate. Hello, orange chocolate magic. If you’ve attempted my paleo orange-kissed loaf with chocolate drizzle, you’ll love this model. Stir in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and enjoy! I like mini chocolate chips!
- Boost the vitamins. Feel unfastened to add 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds to the batter for a boost of wholesome fats and omega-3s. Plus who doesn’t love a crunch. Poppyseeds would even be scrumptious!
- Try a holiday twist. Fold in contemporary, frozen or dried cranberries, walnuts, cinnamon & nutmeg for a a laugh twist around Christmas! Looking for a Thanksgiving brunch choice? Swirl in some selfmade cranberry sauce. YUM.
- Celebrate summer time flavors. Add in a cup of clean or frozen blueberries and revel in this orange baked oatmeal all summer season long.
How to make it gluten unfastened, dairy free & vegan
- To make it dairy free: merely use coconut oil or vegan butter, dairy loose milk and a dairy free yogurt in the topping.
- To make it gluten loose: you'll want to use certified gluten loose rolled oats.
- To make it vegan: I believe flax eggs or chia eggs will paintings well in this orange oatmeal bake, however please be aware that I have no longer examined it to be sure. If you try it, you’ll additionally need to make the above dairy loose swaps to stay it vegan.
Can I exploit steel minimize or fast oats?
I would not counsel the usage of steel cut oats on this recipe as the texture might be a lot other. Rolled oats stay the orange baked oatmeal gentle and fluffy, but I think fast oats would paintings k. You might need to use slightly more in the event you’re attempting this recipe with fast oats.
Enjoy baked oatmeal sizzling or chilly
That’s proper, baked oatmeal is if truth be told scrumptious both cold and hot! Feel free to heat up slices during the week or enjoy it instantly from the refrigerator just like overnight oats.
How to make orange baked oatmeal cups
Looking for a transportable breakfast possibility?
- Add muffin liners to a muffin tin and spray with cooking spray to forestall sticking.
- Divide the orange oatmeal bake batter into the muffin tin — you should get round 10-12 oatmeal cups.
- Bake for 20-25 mins till the oatmeal cups are set and just a little golden brown. Feel loose to drizzle each and every cup with the orange yogurt topping and revel in!
- To store: ensure that the orange oatmeal bake has utterly cooled, after which duvet the pan with tinfoil prior to moving it to the fridge. It will keep just right coated in the fridge for 4-5 days. You too can store individual slices in airtight containers for ease.
- To reheat: you'll be able to reheat particular person slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Freezer-friendly orange baked oatmeal
Yes, this oatmeal bake is straightforward to prep ahead of time and freezer for later!
- To freeze: once the oatmeal bake has completely cooled, minimize it into 6 squares/slices and wrap each and every sq. in plastic wrap and tinfoil. You too can freeze all of the orange baked oatmeal for later by means of wrapping it smartly and placing it within the freezer.
- To reheat: while you’re in a position to eat it, place the unwrapped frozen square of baked oatmeal on a microwave protected dish and microwave it at 30 second intervals for 1-2 minutes. To reheat all the baked oatmeal, simply reheat it within the oven for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F whilst it’s coated with tinfoil.
Check out all of our favourite kitchen essentials here.
More oatmeal recipes you’ll love
Get all of our delicious oat and oatmeal recipes here!
I'm hoping you're keen on this implausible orange creamsicle baked oatmeal recipe! If you make it, be sure to leave a comment and a ranking so I understand how you loved it. Enjoy, xo!
Orange Creamsicle Baked Oatmeal
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 1 hour
Gorgeous orange baked oatmeal that tastes just like an orange creamsicle! This brilliant and fresh orange baked oatmeal is naturally sweetened with just a little of natural maple syrup and has glorious hints of unpolluted orange juice and zest in each chew. Drizzle with a bit of orange yogurt topping or add some a laugh taste mix-ins for the easiest brunch deal with!
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Zest from 1 massive orange
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoons melted butter, vegan butter or melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of selection)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Dry elements:
- 2 cups old school rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Orange yogurt topping:
- 2 tablespoons simple or vanilla greek yogurt (or sub dairy unfastened yogurt or softened cream cheese)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (or you can sub maple syrup or honey)
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh orange juice, to skinny
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 9x9 inch pan with oil or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, natural maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, melted butter, almond milk and each vanilla and almond extracts until neatly mixed.
Add the dry substances to the bowl with the wet substances: oats, baking powder and salt. Mix till well blended.
Pour combination into ready pan and smooth best. Bake for 40-Fifty five mins or till the edges are reasonably golden brown and center is set. Remove from the oven, permit to cool for 10 mins, whilst you are making the orange glaze.
To make the orange vanilla glaze: in a small bowl, blend together the greek yogurt, powdered sugar, orange juice, zest and vanilla; blend to mix. Add extra orange juice if vital to thin it out so you'll drizzle it excessive of the oatmeal. Drizzle over the top of the oatmeal, reduce into 6 slices and serve!
To make this an orange chocolate chip oatmeal bake: stir in ⅓ cup mini or common chocolate chips, dairy unfastened if desired.
For a bit spice up of nutrition: be at liberty so as to add 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds to the batter ahead of baking.
For a iciness/holiday version: add in 1 cup of clean or frozen cranberries + ½ cup walnuts or pecans + 1 teaspoon cinnamon + pinch of nutmeg. You may additionally do ½ cup dried cranberries as a substitute of fresh.
This would even be nice with ¼ cup selfmade cranberry sauce swirled in earlier than baking (best after Thanksgiving!).
For a extra summery model: upload in 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries.
Servings: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated fats: 1.5g
Recipe through: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography through: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also