I’m back with some other beautiful chunky granola filled with large clusters, wholesome fats, iron-boosting substances and oh so crunchy. It’s for all of the superwomen in the market.
One of my favorite publish exercise breakfasts are yogurt bowls crowned with granola (or Three Wishes Cereal), berries, banana slices, a drizzle of honey and just a little bit of peanut butter. You get protein from the yogurt, healthy fats because of nut butter, crunch from granola and fresh healthy fruit.
This particular nut and seed granola is made with 4 different sorts of nuts, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. I created it specifically for girls who want an additional boost of iron in their vitamin, or for those who love to refuel with granola after a exercise. It’s actually a granola you can be ok with consuming.
Nut and seed granola components
This improbable nut and seed granola recipe will have you feeling like straight up superwoman. It’s packed with wholesome fat, fiber, iron-boosting components & omega-3’s for the very best breakfast or afternoon snack. Here’s what you want to make it:
- Rolled oats & oat flour: get that best possible cluster texture with a mixture of rolled oats and oat flour — gluten free if desired. See beneath for instructions on the way to make your individual oat flour right at house, too!
- Flaxseed meal: I like the spice up of fiber & omega-3’s that flaxseed meal adds to this nut and seed granola.
- Ground cinnamon & salt: we’re including slightly cozy cinnamon and some salt to completely spice up the granola.
- Nuts: we’re the usage of a mixture of raw cashews, raw pecans, raw walnuts & sliced almonds. So much crunchy goodness and healthy fat.
- Pumpkin seeds: the “seed” part of this nut and seed granola comes from raw pumpkin seeds. They give it any such wonderful texture.
- Hemp seeds: sometimes called hemp hearts — these little seeds are an excellent supply of protein, wholesome fats, iron and vitamin E.
- Unsweetened coconut flakes: I really like the sophisticated, toasted coconut flavor you get from including coconut flakes to this granola.
- Coconut oil: somewhat of coconut oil is helping the granola to bake up great and golden brown.
- Maple syrup & vanilla: for a bit natural sweetness we’re adding some natural maple syrup and vanilla extract. So excellent!
How to make nut and seed granola
- Preheat the oven to three hundred degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir in combination oats, oat flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, salt, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes. Set apart.
- Next, add coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a small saucepan and position over low heat, stirring often until coconut oil is completely melted. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well until oats are utterly covered.
- Next unfold the granola on the baking sheet in an even layer and press down the use of a spatula (we’re going to bake it adore it’s one large cookie!). Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and aromatic. Once finished, take away from the oven and allow the granola to chill on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes prior to you ruin it into huge clumps.
- Transfer to an airtight container or large mason jar. Best used inside of 7-10 days. Makes 12 servings.
Make your individual oat flour for this granola
Good information, you'll easily make your own oat flour right at house to use in this granola recipe. Check out my tutorial with all of my best possible tips & methods. So easy!
Boost your iron consumption with this granola
This wholesome granola recipe contains each pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds which are excellent resources of iron. One serving of either pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds include nearly 20% of your day by day iron needs. To build up iron absorption, pair this granola with a diet C packed fruit. as iron absorbs better when paired with diet C.
Tips for making homemade chunky granola
- Bake granola at a low temperature. that is necessary not handiest to forestall your selfmade granola from burning, however to also truly get that nice golden taste and texture. I bake my granola at 300 levels F.
- Coat all of the granola with the rainy ingredients. it’s important to get all the granola lined within the coconut oil and maple syrup in order that each and every bite is completely crunchy and candy.
- Create chunks of granola together with your palms. Once the granola is on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread and pan down into one layer as regardless that you have been baking a bar or cookie. Once executed baking, you’ll damage into big chunks.
- Know when the granola is finished. You can actually inform simply by looking on the color! Bake this nut and seed granola for 35-Forty mins. The granola must look fairly golden brown when it comes out of the oven. It will not be crunchy to touch, however know that the granola will get crunchier as it sits and cools.
- Do not stir granola instantly. When it comes out of the oven give it time to solidify in combination. Once it cools, ruin into pieces. This will create the ones delicious chunks of granola.
How to store nut and seed granola
You can retailer this wholesome nut and seed granola in a mason jar or an hermetic container for as much as a month or two (trust me, it’s now not going to last that long!).
Ways to enjoy nut and seed granola
You’ll unquestionably be eating this superwoman seed granola via the handful (and sneaking little bites all day) nevertheless it’s also highest on best of yogurt parfaits & smoothie bowls, or even simply with slightly almond milk in a bowl! Here are some great recipes to add this granola to:
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Snickerdoodle Tahini Date Smoothie
Protein-Packed Rainbow Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowls
2-Ingredient Blueberry Nice Cream
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
I'm hoping you like this superwoman nut and seed granola recipe! Please let me know if you're making it through leaving a comment and ranking the recipe underneath. I’d love to hear from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe too! xo.
Superwoman Nut & Seed Granola
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Amazing nut and seed granola made with cashews, pecans, walnuts, almonds, coconut & pumpkin seeds. This simple nut & seed granola recipe is gluten loose and naturally sweetened with slightly of natural maple syrup. Truly a superwoman granola due to the healthy fat and further vitamins from flax!
- Dry substances:
- 1 cup outdated rolled oats, gluten unfastened if desired
- 1/4 cup oat flour, gluten unfastened if desired
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons floor cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup uncooked walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds/hearts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (not shredded coconut)
- Wet components:
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to three hundred levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, stir together oats, oat flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, salt, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, hemp seeds and coconut flakes. Set aside.
Next, upload coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a small saucepan and position over low warmth, stirring frequently until coconut oil is totally melted. Pour over dry components and blend neatly till oats are totally covered.
Next unfold the granola at the baking sheet in a good layer and press down using a spatula (we’re going to bake it love it’s one giant cookie!). Bake for 35-Forty mins until golden brown and aromatic. Once accomplished, remove from the oven and make allowance the granola to chill at the baking sheet for 10-Quarter-hour prior to you break it into large clumps.
Transfer to an airtight container or massive mason jar. Makes 12-14 servings.
How to make your own oat flour: You can simply make your individual gluten unfastened oat flour via merely hanging oats into a blender and blending/pulsing until they’re easy and resemble flour.
Servings: 12 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (in keeping with 12)
Saturated fat: 11.5g
Recipe by way of: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by means of Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also