Yesterday Abra and I went to Studio Three and did their Ellie Goulding & Lana Del Rey themed biking elegance. It used to be the primary time I had hit the fitness center in just about a month (excluding for that one time I had 10 minutes and did 50 squats + lunges in Australia and couldn’t walk for days after).
Anyway, I can’t tell you simply how good it felt to get transferring again, even supposing it used to be Forty five mins. It made my day that significantly better.
You know what else feels excellent? Making meals at house again. Last night time I made my very favourite and internet well-known healthy turkey chili with somewhat cheese and tortilla chips. And now I’m absolutely craving this chickpea quinoa salad with colourful moroccan flavors. I can’t EVEN describe how scrumptious it is.
Ok wait maybe I can…
Ingredients in this Moroccan chickpea quinoa salad
This implausible quinoa salad is like little pops of taste dancing on my tongue in the Moroccan warmth with candy pops of cranberry flavor and crunchy toasted nutty almonds all with the freshness of parsley in every chunk. It’s also vegan & gluten unfastened! Here’s what you’ll want to make it:
- Onion: for a little bit bit of crispness in every chunk.
- Moroccan spices: we’re the use of turmeric, cumin and cinnamon to offer this dish a stupendous, world taste and wonderful golden colour.
- Quinoa: this protein-packed, gluten free grain truly makes this salad one of a sort. Feel free to use a tricolor quinoa if regular, white quinoa isn’t available.
- Vegetarian broth: I generally use a low sodium vegetarian broth. You can also use rooster broth in case you’re not vegan or vegetarian, or opt for water.
- Chickpeas: for a spice up of plant-based protein. Yum!
- Dried cranberries: feel free to use dried cranberries or cherries in this recipe. The sweetness is SO scrumptious in each and every bite.
- Fresh parsley
- Sliced almonds: I really like the crunch of sliced almonds, and pistachios or pecans would even be perfect.
You received’t consider how simple and delicious this vegan chickpea quinoa salad seems. Feel loose to modify up the add-ins, too, with what you have on-hand. I've numerous ideas under!
Toast your personal almonds
I understand it will also be tough to find toasted nuts, however it’s tremendous easy (and worth it) to toast your individual!
- Add your sliced nuts to a pan at the stovetop over medium-high warmth.
- Carefully toss them round until they start to scent aromatic, which will have to be about 5 mins.
That’s it! Toasting them really brings out their flavor and a gorgeous crunch.
Customize it with simple swaps
- Instead of cranberries you need to also use dried cherries and even golden raisins
- Feel unfastened to use pistachios or pecans as an alternative of almonds for a different taste twist
- Peas are delicious on this recipe if you're taking a look to add extra veggies. I recommend including in 2/3 cup frozen peas after quinoa is done cooking.
- If you’re not vegan or vegetarian you might want to also add cooked chicken!
How to make one pot Moroccan chickpea quinoa salad
- Add coconut oil to a large pot and position over medium warmth. Once oil is scorching add in onion and sauté until onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir for your spices: turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and salt and pepper; cook for 30 seconds more.
- Next add in broth (or water) and quinoa; convey mixture to a boil, then duvet, reduce heat to low and cook dinner for exactly 15 minutes. After quarter-hour, remove from warmth and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in chickpeas, cranberries and parsley to the quinoa and mix till well-combined. Taste and regulate seasonings. Garnish with toasted almonds and additional parsley. Serves 4.
How to meal prep this quinoa salad
This easy chickpea quinoa salad recipe makes the easiest meal prep lunch. Simply divide the recipe in 4 separate mason jars or meal prep bins and revel in for lunch throughout the week! Garnish your servings with further toasted almonds. It’s if truth be told delicious served heat or chilly!
Simply put, I think you want to make it ASAP for lunch. This is one of my favorite quinoa salads of all time; it’s absolutely wonderful to bring to parties, pack for lunch, or pair with roasted chicken for dinner.
More quinoa recipes you’ll love:
Fiesta Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Kale, Edamame & Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Famous Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad
Cranberry Pecan Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash with Goat Cheese Crema
Roasted Veggie, Chickpea & Pesto Quinoa Salad
I know you’re going to like this chickpea quinoa salad recipe. Please let me know if you make it via leaving a comment and ranking the recipe beneath. I’d love to listen to from you and it is helping encourage others to make the recipe too! Enjoy xo.
One Pot Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 30 minutes
Sweet & savory 30-minute Moroccan chickpea quinoa salad made in one pot. This vegan chickpea quinoa salad recipe packs a variety of plant-based protein and delicious, international flavors from cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. The best possible vegetarian meal to prep for lunch!
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon flooring turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra to style
- Freshly flooring black pepper
- 1 cup raw quinoa
- 2 cups vegetarian broth (or water)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and tired
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup finely diced flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
Add coconut oil to a large pot and place over medium warmth. Once oil is hot add in onion and sauté till onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir within the following spices: turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and salt and pepper; cook for 30 seconds more.
Next add in broth (or water) and quinoa; bring mixture to a boil, then cover, scale back heat to low and cook dinner for precisely quarter-hour. After 15 minutes, take away from heat and fluff quinoa with a fork.
Stir in chickpeas, cranberries and parsley to the quinoa and mix until well-combined. Taste and regulate seasonings. Garnish with toasted almonds and extra parsley. Serves 4.
To serve: Place in mason jars or meal prep containers for lunch throughout the week. Garnish with extra toasted almonds.
Servings: Four servings
Serving size: 1 serving
Saturated fats: 1.9g
You May Like Also