I’m now not positive if many of you bear in mind, however I used to have a recipe that was similar to this on my site. I made up our minds to retest the recipe to make sure they had been flavorful, fluffy and had the perfect quantity sweetness.
My outdated recipe used to use egg whites and common flour, but on Ambitious Kitchen we're all about encouraging actual food to provide you optimum nutrition so this time I opted for complete eggs to include the nutrients from the yolk and also whole wheat flour so as to add additional fiber and protein.
Ingredients in quinoa pancakes
While lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes sound just a little fancy, you’ll in reality use quite a lot of pantry staples to make those delicious pancakes.
- Cooked quinoa: this recipe calls for cooked quinoa, not quinoa flour. See make the perfect fluffy quinoa here!
- Flour: you'll use both all purpose or whole wheat pastry flour in this recipe. If you want to lead them to gluten unfastened, I feel an all objective gluten loose flour or oat flour must work neatly but please notice that I've not attempted it.
- Baking powder & salt: to help the pancakes bake up accurately (use baking powder, not soda!) and convey out the flavors.
- Egg: you’ll simply need 1 egg on this recipe. I also think a flax egg would work out well to make those vegan – see the notes segment for methods to make it.
- Lemon juice & zest: you’ll use both portions of the lemon for scrumptious, shiny flavor.
- Milk: I love using almond or coconut milk, but you'll use any milk you've got on-hand.
- Coconut sugar or honey: you’ll just need 2 tablespoons of both coconut sugar or honey to sweeten the pancakes.
- Vanilla extract: to give the pancakes a naturally sweet flavor. You too can use almond extract for that traditional lemon poppyseed muffin taste!
- Olive oil: just a bit of olive oil so as to add moisture to the pancakes.
- Blueberries: be at liberty to make use of recent or frozen blueberries for the inside of the pancakes + on most sensible.
One of the reasons I like these lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes is as a result of they’re filled with protein and fiber due to the quinoa. Each serving provides nearly 9g of protein packed with all of the nine amino acids that your body wishes. Therefore these just happen to make a very good publish workout breakfast.
Make the easiest quinoa for pancakes
- Use a 1:2 ratio for quinoa to liquid. I most often cook dinner 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups of water, which is able to make about Three cups of cooked quinoa. Then you’ll have some leftovers from this recipe for lunches and dinners!
- Bring the water to a boil then stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for exactly quarter-hour. Remove the saucepan from warmth and let stand covered for another 5-10 minutes.
- Quinoa will pop upon cooking and amplify. To assist separate the grains, use a fork and fluff the quinoa.
How to make quinoa pancakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cooked and cooled quinoa, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk in combination egg, lemon juice and zest, milk, honey, vanilla (or almond extract) and olive oil until smooth.
- Add wet substances to dry components and whisk to combine, then gently fold in blueberries. If batter is way too thick, add a splash of milk.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with olive oil and place over medium warmth. Drop batter via 1/4 cup onto skillet. Cook till bubbles appear on top, about 2 minutes. Flip desserts and cook dinner till golden brown on underside, 2 mins.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with extra melted butter and ultimate batter. You might need to decrease the warmth to medium low after the second round to forestall burning. Makes 9 lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes.
How to stay pancakes warm
You can absolutely make those lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes forward of time and keep them heat within the oven. Simply place oven at 2 hundred levels F, then add pancakes to a platter or oven-safe plate and place in the oven till able to serve.
How to freeze quinoa pancakes
If you truly need to make your pancakes forward of time and serve them at a later date, you'll place the pancakes on a baking sheet in order that they aren’t touching and position in the freezer for half-hour, then position them in freezer safe packing containers and freeze for as much as Three months. Once able to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
I'm hoping you get a chance to make these soon. They’re easy, scrumptious and in truth filling. Top them with extra berries and a drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup. Enjoy!
If you're making these lemon blueberry quinoa pancakes, make sure to depart a comment under and price the recipe! You too can snap and film and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen.
Lemon Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Fluffy quinoa pancakes bursting with juicy blueberries and lemon taste! These scrumptious, healthy quinoa pancakes are easy to make and pack a number of fiber and protein because of quinoa. You'll love these gorgeous pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Dry elements
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 3/4 cup all goal flour or entire wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wet substances
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup contemporary lemon juice
- zest of one huge lemon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or sub almond extract)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup contemporary or frozen blueberries
In a medium bowl, whisk in combination cooked and cooled quinoa, flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another medium bowl, whisk in combination egg, lemon juice and zest, milk, honey, vanilla (or almond extract) and olive oil until smooth.
Add wet ingredients to dry substances and whisk to combine, then gently fold in blueberries. If batter is far too thick, upload a touch of milk.
Lightly coat a big nonstick skillet or griddle with olive oil and place over medium heat. Drop batter by means of 1/4 cup onto skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on most sensible, about 2 mins. Flip muffins and prepare dinner till golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Wipe skillet blank and repeat with more melted butter and closing batter. You would possibly want to decrease the warmth to medium low after the second round to prevent burning.
Makes about 9 pancakes, 3 pancakes each and every. Top with fruit preserves, honey, nut butter and/or maple syrup.
TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE: I think an all goal GF flour would work nice, but I have not tested it.
TO MAKE VEGAN: A flax egg will have to work neatly here (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + Three tablespoons water)
Servings: 3 servings
Serving size: 3 pancakes
Recipe by Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen
Photography by means of Sarah Fennel // Broma Bakery
More techniques to make use of quinoa
Toasted Quinoa, Dried Fig & Dark Chocolate Nut Free Granola Bars
Crispy Toasted Quinoa Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Avocado Blueberry Quinoa Salad
Balsamic Chicken Berry Quinoa Salad
Incredible Peanut Butter Quinoa Granola Bars
You May Like Also