While I used to be pregnant with Sidney and making ready for my breastfeeding adventure, I knew I sought after to make some super nourishing, delicious snacks and treats full of components which might be nice for nursing mothers. These superb lactation cookies become a HUGE hit with all you mamas, moms-to-be and even as treats to make for mother pals, so this time round I made you the best lactation energy bites to fill those snack cravings.
These little no bake bites are critically one in every of my fav snacks to stay on hand, especially whilst I’m now breastfeeding Viggo. I packed them with the identical milk-boosting components like flax, brewer’s yeast, oats and more (see under for all of the deets!) and yes, they taste like you’re eating your fav oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
Make a batch or two of those lactation energy bites for yourself or mama pals, store them in the fridge or freezer and experience the best possible nutritious snack or deal with all week long!
Energy bites with milk-boosting superpowers
You might be inquisitive about what makes those healthy energy bites “lactation” energy bites. I created them with nutritious components which might be especially essential for nursing mamas and which might be if truth be told recognized to spice up milk supply akin to:
- Chia seeds: I really like including chia seeds to snacks and treats because they’re a super supply of protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Hemp hearts: I added 2 full tablespoons of hemp hearts because they’re tremendous top in iron and zinc, which might be very important for new mothers and young children. Each energy chew packs nearly 30% of the really useful day by day iron consumption!
- Flaxseed meal: do you know that flaxseeds actually contain phytoestrogens that may lend a hand spice up milk production? Yep! Perfect for mamas.
- Whole oats: oats include iron which is known to have a good effect on breast milk provide. These lactation energy bites are made with rolled oats, and you'll be able to use gluten free if you happen to’d like.
- Brewer’s yeast: this dietary complement is high in complicated b vitamins, protein and selenium, which can be all nutrients new mothers need. Please notice that now not all brewer’s yeast is gluten loose, so in case you are GF be sure to test the label. The one I've related is gluten free, and make sure to get a debittered brewer’s yeast for the best flavor.
Everything else you’ll wish to make lactation energy bites
Along with all of the milk-boosting superfoods mentioned above, we still need these no bake lactation energy bites to taste delicious. And believe me when I say they significantly taste like your fav oatmeal chocolate chip cookie! Here’s the whole lot else you’ll wish to make them:
- Peanut butter: I like the usage of natural creamy peanut butter as the base in energy bites. My favorite is Wild Friends — use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off!
- Honey: we’re including a bit herbal sweetness with honey.
- Flavor boosts: vanilla extract and a touch of cinnamon give the lactation energy bites the perfect taste.
- Mix-ins: I love to fold in regular or mini chocolate chips as a result of what’s lifestyles without a little chocolate? See below for even more amazing mix-ins.
How to lead them to your individual
There are lots of easy tactics to actually make those lactation energy bites your own! Here are some suggestions:
- Swap the chocolate chips: be happy to fail to remember or use dried cranberries or raisins as a substitute.
- Try new mix-ins: peanut butter chips and dried blueberries can be delicious for a PB&J flavor, or try white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Choose your nut butter: be happy to use almond butter as a substitute of peanut butter — simply ensure that it’s great and creamy and drippy in consistency.
- Keep them nut loose: simply use sunflower seed butter and nut loose chocolate chips.
- Make them vegan: feel free to use date syrup instead of honey to keep those energy bites vegan. Soom is my favorite brand of date syrup, and you'll be able to use the code ‘ambitiouskitchen’ for 10% off! Then you'll want to also use dairy unfastened chocolate chips.
Can I lead them to with out brewer’s yeast?
I extremely recommend getting some debittered brewer’s yeast to make use of on this recipe for ultra milk-boosting effects, however if you happen to don’t have any be at liberty to make use of almond flour or protein powder.
The best lactation energy bites in 3 simple steps
- Mix the rainy ingredients. Start by mixing in combination the nut butter, honey & vanilla in a medium bowl till clean.
- Add the dry. Mix in the flaxseed meal, brewer’s yeast, oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds and cinnamon with a rubber spatula. Then fold in the chocolate chips and any other mix-ins you want to make use of.
- Form the bites. Shape the “dough” into 8 even bites the use of a cookie scoop or your arms. You might want to add a bit extra nut butter or sweetener to assist them stick relying on what brand of nut butter you used.
- To store: position the lactation energy bites in an airtight bag or container in the refrigerator for as much as 1 week.
- To freeze: you'll additionally freeze them in an airtight bag or container for as much as 2 months! They’re scrumptious straight from the freezer.
More nourishing snacks for breastfeeding mamas
Check out extra of my superb, home made breastfeeding snacks here!
I'm hoping you love those simple, nourishing lactation energy bites! If you make them or percentage them with a brand new mama be sure you go away a comment and a score so I understand how you (or she) favored them. Enjoy, xo!
Lactation Energy Bites
Prep Time 10 mins
Total Time 10 minutes
The best lactation energy bites which can be very best for nursing mamas! These nourishing, no bake lactation energy bites are full of protein, wholesome fat and nutrients from substances like brewer's yeast, oats, hemp hearts and chia seeds which can be great for boosting milk provide. Add delicious mix-ins like chocolate chips for a fantastic snack or treat that's nice for new mothers!
- Wet ingredients:
- ½ cup all herbal creamy peanut butter (or sub almond butter)
- 3 tablespoons honey (or sub date syrup to make vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dry elements:
- ⅓ cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons debittered brewer’s yeast*
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten loose if desired
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- For the mix-ins:
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips of selection (mini or common is ok)
Add rainy elements to a medium bowl: peanut butter, honey and vanilla; mix well to mix. Next upload in dry elements: flaxseed meal, brewer’s yeast, oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds and cinnamon and blend together with a rubber spatula until well combined and the whole thing is calmly distributed. Fold in chocolate chips.
At this level you will have to be capable of shape balls that stick in combination. Since all peanut butter/nut butter consistencies are other, you may wish to upload in more nut butter or sweetener to help the balls stick in combination. Makes approximately 8 huge energy bites.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week, or the freezer for up to 2 months. Enjoy!
We suggest the use of a creamy herbal nut butter with just peanuts and salt as the components. We LOVE Wild Friends peanut butter. Use the code 'AMBITIOUS15' for 15% off!
How to make them your personal: check the full post for numerous tactics to customize your energy bites with different mix-ins and elements!
Servings: 8 energy bites
Serving measurement: 1 energy chew
Saturated fats: 2.1g
Recipe via: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by way of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also