I am getting such a lot of requests over on Instagram to incorporate more baby recipes here on the blog. Here’s the object though: most of what we serve Sidney is what we eat ourselves!
For example, the other day we made him my well-known chicken soup recipe, except for we just tired the broth or incessantly will upload salt to the dishes later. He additionally LOVES my minestrone soup, principally any curry recipe of mine, my peanut butter banana oatmeal cups (without the chocolate chips!) and naturally, my chickpea flour banana bread.
This superb baby pancake recipe is one I’ve been making for Sidney since he was around 7 months previous. They’re child friendly, baby pleasant, however most importantly scrumptious and nutritious for youngsters (and adults) of every age. Sidney prefers to consume them with a bit of peanut butter on most sensible.
I'm hoping you give these pancakes a check out (it doesn't matter what your age) and let me understand how you prefer them by way of leaving a comment & rating the recipe!
Everything you’ll wish to make kid-friendly pancakes
When I say Four aspect pancakes I actually mean it! You almost certainly have already got these simple ingredients in your kitchen to make these banana egg pancakes that are perfect for young children, toddlers, kiddos or even adults. They’re healthy, nutritious and such a lot a laugh to make. Plus, there are simple techniques to customize them in your baby’s wishes.
- Banana: you’ll simply need one medium ripe banana on this recipe. Be positive to use one with a whole lot of brown spots to completely sweeten the pancakes and lead them to cushy sufficient to your infant.
- Eggs: those baby banana pancakes also have two eggs for the perfect boost of protein. I don't suggest flax eggs or another sub, sorry!
- Coconut flour: I like using coconut flour in those pancakes to stay them grain & gluten unfastened while adding wholesome fat, but I’ve additionally made them with oat flour, almond flour, whole wheat flour and all function. See my notes within the recipe itself.
- Milk: be at liberty to use any milk you’d like. We favor dairy loose however regular milk or even breastmilk will work simply as smartly.
What makes these banana pancakes absolute best for youngsters and babies?
I completely love making those kid-friendly banana pancakes for my 1 yr old son Sidney as a result of they pack an enormous nutritional punch with tremendous simple components. These child pancakes:
- Have no added sugars. We try to handiest give Sidney natural sugars from fruit, and these pancakes have the easiest amount of sweetness from the ripe banana. He loves them! I unfold with a thin layer of nut butter and cube into bite-sized items.
- Are gluten & grain loose. Using somewhat of coconut flour keeps those pancakes grain and gluten free, however I like the flavour it offers the pancakes, along with wholesome fats and fiber!
- Have quite a lot of protein & fiber. These kid-friendly pancakes pack 15g of protein and 9g of fiber using just Four simple components! Perfect for growing small children and children to keep them full and happy.
- Are filled with wholesome fat. Coconut flour additionally supplies a source of healthy fats that are great in your little one’s building. See underneath for extra nutritional boosts!
Add a nutritional boost to those baby pancakes
As I mentioned, these pancakes are great for customizing in your child’s wishes and preferences. Feel unfastened so as to add a teaspoon or two of the next nutritional boosters to the batter of these pancakes:
- Hemp seeds: supply healthy fats, fatty acids and a spice up of protein. They also comprise prime nutrition E, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron and zinc.
- Chia seeds: are a very good supply of omega-3 fatty acids and comprise fiber, iron and calcium, too!
- Flaxseed meal: great for digestion and include omega-3s and fiber.
These substances provide even more wholesome fat and nutrients which might be nice for rising young children, toddlers and even adults.
Can I take advantage of a distinct flour on this recipe?
Yes! If you don’t have coconut flour on-hand or your child, little one or kiddo has a nut allergy, be at liberty to use all goal, entire wheat, oat flour and even toddler oat cereal in these banana pancakes.
A word on subbing flours: please observe that if you swap flours you won't need to upload any milk to the batter. This is because coconut flour is very absorbent. The batter must be similar to pancake batter, if it’s too thick, upload in a teaspoon at a time of milk of selection.
How to make baby pleasant pancakes
- Mash your banana. Be positive to make use of a banana that’s great and ripe with lots of brown spots on the peel. Mash it in a medium bowl.
- Add your eggs. Crack two eggs into the bowl with the mashed banana and whisk with a fork till well mixed. It’s k if there are some lumps of banana.
- Add flour & milk. Next, upload in coconut flour and milk and blend to mix. The batter will have to be similar to conventional pancake batter; if it’s way too thick, chances are you'll want to upload in additional milk, then again it’s vital you most effective get started with a teaspoon at a time.
- Cook your pancakes. Lightly coat a nonstick pan or nonstick griddle with butter, coconut oil, vegan butter or olive oil and position over medium warmth. Once the pan is hot, upload 1 heaping tablespoon of the batter to the griddle for each and every pancake and cook for 2-3 mins till pancakes slightly blow his own trumpet and you spot a few bubbles alongside the edges.
- Flip & serve. Flip the desserts and cook until golden brown on the underside. If you in finding that pancakes are browning too quickly then you need to lower the heat. I normally get started on medium warmth, then lower to medium low later in order that my pancakes don’t burn. Wipe the skillet clean and repeat. Feel free to serve as is or spread with a thin layer of nut butter or yogurt!
Can I exploit those pancakes for child led weaning?
Absolutely! Baby led weaning is a style of feeding babies and babies the place they can apply feeding themselves solid meals. Because those baby pancakes are soft, your child can experiment consuming them with their palms, practice with forks, and may also enjoy them ahead of their teeth come in. Just be aware of how you chop them for your baby’s age. If you need to make the pancakes softer, then make sure that the banana you utilize is extremely ripe and you might need to upload somewhat more milk.
Healthy banana pancakes for all ages
Good news: those banana egg pancakes aren’t just for babies and kids! They in truth make a delicious and nutritious breakfast for kids and adults of all ages. Once your kiddo is somewhat older, this recipe is a great task for you two to make together! Feel unfastened so as to add a few mini chocolate chips for a fun breakfast treat.
Freezer-friendly child pancakes
These child and toddler-friendly banana pancakes also are simple to freeze for later, making them the easiest breakfast for mamas to prep.
- Place the pancakes on a baking sheet so they aren’t touching and position in the freezer for 30 minutes (this is named a flash freeze)
- Then place them in freezer protected containers and freeze for as much as 3 months.
- Once ready to reheat, merely add pancakes to a plate and microwave for 30-60 seconds or till heat.
Tools you’ll need
- Mixing bowl
- Spatula (use the code ‘AMBITIOUS’ for 10% off your first order) — a smaller flexible spatula will work absolute best for this recipe!
Get more of my kitchen essentials here.
More kid-friendly pancake recipes to try
Get all of our pancake & waffle recipes here!
I am hoping you and your little ones love these 4-ingredient banana egg pancakes! If you make them you'll want to depart a remark & a rating so I know the way you loved them. Enjoy, xo!
4-Ingredient Banana Pancakes (baby & kid-friendly!)
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 minutes
Baby and kid-friendly banana pancakes made with 4 easy components! These simple child pancakes are dairy, grain and gluten unfastened, prime in protein & fiber, and naturally sweetened. The best nutritious breakfast for children of every age!
- 1 medium ripe banana (best possible with brown spots)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour*
- 1 tablespoon milk of selection (we use dairy free milk)
- **Please see notes for added dietary boosters
In a medium bowl, mash your banana. It’s really very best in case your banana is good and ripe with brown spots at the peel!
Crack two eggs into the bowl with the mashed banana and whisk with a fork till smartly combined. It’s okay if there are lumps of banana. Next, add in coconut flour and milk and mix to mix. Batter should be very similar to traditional pancake batter; if it’s way too thick, you could wish to upload in additional milk, on the other hand it’s necessary you simplest start with a teaspoon at a time.
Lightly coat a nonstick pan or nonstick griddle with butter, coconut oil, vegan butter or olive oil and place over medium warmth. Once the pan is sizzling, upload 1 heaping tablespoon of the batter to the griddle for each pancake and prepare dinner for 2-Three minutes until pancakes slightly sing his own praises, are golden underneath and you see a few bubbles along the sides.
Flip muffins and prepare dinner until golden brown at the underside. If you in finding that pancakes are browning too quickly then you wish to have to lower the warmth. I generally get started on medium heat, then decrease to medium low later in order that my pancakes do not burn. If at any level your griddle begins smoking or if your pancakes are burning, it means your pan is simply too scorching.
Wipe the skillet blank and repeat with more oil/butter and ultimate batter. Makes Nine mini pancakes general. Serves 1. Feel unfastened to function is or unfold with nut butter or yogurt! Please serve to your baby/toddler in sizes that are appropriate for their consuming abilities.
*Feel unfastened to make use of any flour you’d like right here. I’ve found that all purpose, entire wheat and oat flour all paintings neatly. You will also use an toddler oat cereal in case you’d like. However, in case you change flours, it’s necessary to know that you could no longer need to upload any milk to the batter. This is as a result of coconut flour is highly absorbent. The batter must be very similar to pancake batter, if it’s too thick, add in a teaspoon at a time of milk of choice.
**To upload further nutrition to the batter, be happy to add in a teaspoon or two of the following: hemp seeds, chia seeds and/or flaxseed meal. These have wonderful vitamin and nutrients for babies and little toddlers (and adults, too!)
If you’d like you'll be able to additionally upload in ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter for delicious banana bread taste.
Servings: 1 serving
Serving dimension: Nine mini pancakes (complete recipe)
Saturated fat: 2.2g
Recipe via: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by way of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also