Sometimes the best kind of treats are those you haven’t made in FOREVER. That contains the very well-known rice krispie treats that have been always in lunch bins and at your aunt’s area all over circle of relatives birthday parties.
Man, I loved the ones candy little marshmallow pull apart oozy-gooey sticky bars more than anything. One time I ate so many individual treats out of the ones bright blue wrappers that I finished up with a stomach pain for two days directly. I additionally be mindful consuming the rice krispie deal with cereal straight from the cereal field. Handfuls upon handfuls, and some other abdomen pain later, I was certain I was executed with rice krispie treats for GOOD.
Years later at a friend’s house, I discovered one thing known as ‘Special Ok’ bars. Basically those bars had been a combination of butter, peanut butter, butterscotch and Special Okay cereal in a bar, then and topped with semi sweet chocolate + butterscotch chips. These too, turned into any other favorite treat I could eat with none control. #oops #savage
Now that I’m into full blown maturity (and a food blogger!) I’ve LOVED bringing you my favorite formative years foods & desserts with healthier, easy twists. It’s a great way to nonetheless enjoy your favourite meals but also make extra nutritious alternatives.
So what are these chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats precisely? A mix of a rice krispie treat and a distinct k bar. There’s no subtle sugar or marshmallows involved and the bars are made with most effective 6 ingredients (or 7 if you are making them with slightly protein powder!).
Ingredients in healthy peanut butter rice krispie treats
- Peanut butter: to lend a hand keep these healthy rice krispie treats in combination with out the usage of marshmallows. Feel loose to make use of cashew or almond butter as smartly!
- Virgin coconut oil: virgin, or unrefined coconut oil has a slight coconut taste that adds a subtle sweetness to these bars and is helping the filling stay in combination. You can also sub melted butter or vegan butter.
- Pure maple syrup: for an all herbal sweetness. You can sub honey or brown rice syrup as neatly.
- Vanilla extract: extra scrumptious flavor! Not important, however all the time delish.
- Rice Krispies or Brown Rice Krispies:both will work in this recipe. Be positive to test your labels to ensure the brown rice krispies you’re the usage of are qualified gluten free.
- OPTIONAL: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides: For a spice up of protein, you'll add a little bit collagen (or your favorite protein powder). Read extra here about why I really like collagen.
- Dark chocolate bar: you'll be able to use a amusing taste of selection or a typical darkish chocolate. I really like Divine, Theo, Hu, Evolved and Alter Eco manufacturers. To make these bars vegan, use a vegan/dairy loose dark chocolate.
How to make peanut butter rice krispie treats without marshmallows
- Place a medium pot over low heat and add in peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix till clean and well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Next upload within the protein powder (optional) and crispy brown rice cereal; stir till blended and cereal is completely coated. Pour into prepared pan, and use a spatula to flatten the top so it is even.
- You’ll then make the chocolate topping through adding chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 2nd periods, stirring in-between, until chocolate is completely melted. You too can melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low heat if you happen to choose.
- Finally, pour the melted chocolate over the bars and tilt your pan in order that they’re flippantly lined. Place pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until bars are completely cool and chocolate is melted. Sprinkle bars with fancy sea salt, then minimize into Sixteen bars and revel in!
Storing selfmade rice krispie treats
- In the refrigerator: Store these bars coated within the refrigerator for as much as 1 week. When you’re able to devour them, just allow them to come to room temp for about Five mins so that they melt a bit.
- In the freezer: yes, you'll be able to freeze this chocolate peanut butter rice krispie treats! Place them within the freezer for up to 2 months in an airtight container. I’d counsel isolating the bars with parchment wax paper as neatly. When you’re able to devour them, let the bars thaw in the fridge after which deliver them to room temp as described above.
Optional swaps in those healthy peanut butter rice krispie treats
- Instead of peanut butter: be at liberty to make use of cashew, almond or sunflower butter. You might wish to add an additional 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Instead of coconut oil: you may use butter or vegan butter.
- Instead of maple syrup: be happy to make use of honey, brown rice syrup or coconut syrup.
To be fair, those are one in every of my new FAVORITE no bake treats EVER. They’re really easy to make, in a position in less than half-hour and style like a mix between a peanut butter cup and a rice krispie deal with. I had a couple of people over when I made those they usually have been completely gone sooner than the evening used to be over.
P.S. Don’t omit to sprinkle them with a little bit sea salt for a sweet and salty treat!
See how to make the healthy rice krispie treats:
[embedded content material]
If you take a look at those peanut butter rice krispie treats, remember to price it underneath and let me know the way you loved them. And of course, don’t forget to snap a photograph and tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram so I will be able to see your beautiful creations. xo!
Healthy Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Prep Time 30 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Healthy Rice Krispie Treats made with peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and brown rice krispies. These vegan and gluten free peanut butter rice krispie treats are topped with dark chocolate and sea salt for an indulgent deal with that tastes similar to a crunchy peanut butter cup. Options to add a little of protein powder to make those a super put up exercise treat!
- For the treats:
- 3/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup natural maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (if your peanut butter isn’t already salted)
- Optional: ½ cup Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 1/2-3 cups crispy brown rice cereal (or rice krispies)*
- For the chocolate topping:
- 3.5 oz. 85% darkish chocolate bar, damaged up into pieces
- To garnish:
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on most sensible
Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set apart.
Place a medium pot over low warmth and add in peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix till clean and well blended, about 1 minute.
Next upload in the protein powder (non-compulsory) and crispy brown rice cereal; stir till blended and cereal is completely coated. Pour into prepared pan, and use a spatula to flatten the highest so it is even.
Next make the chocolate topping by including chocolate to a microwave secure bowl. Microwave on prime in 30 2nd periods, stirring in-between, until chocolate is completely melted. You too can melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over very low warmth if you want.
Pour melted chocolate over the bars and tilt your pan to unfold out the chocolate frivolously.
Place pan within the fridge for half-hour or until bars are completely cool and chocolate is melted. Sprinkle bars with fancy sea salt, then cut into 16 bars. Enjoy!
Bars will have to be saved lined within the refrigerator and can keep excellent for up to 1 week. Take bars out 5 mins prior to you are ready to serve to make sure they are not too crunchy! They soften up at room temp.
*Note that conventional Rice Krispies cereal is not qualified gluten-free, so make sure to test your field and use a brown rice krispies cereal alternative that's gluten free if need be.
Feel loose to make use of cashew, tahini, almond or sunflower butter rather than the peanut butter. You might need to add an additional 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
Instead of coconut oil, chances are you'll use butter or vegan butter.
Feel unfastened to make use of honey, brown rice syrup or coconut syrup as a substitute of maple syrup.
Servings: Sixteen bars
Serving measurement: 1 rice krispie deal with
Saturated fats: 4.5g
Post at the beginning from June 2018, republished March 2020
More no bake dessert recipes you’ll love:
No Bake Chocolate Caramel Tahini Chex Bars (allergy-friendly!)
Homemade Healthy Peanut Butter Cups! (low carb, vegan, gluten free)
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Healthy 4 Ingredient Reese’s Eggs
Coconut & Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
You May Like Also