Remember once I baked up my almond flour banana bread a couple of months in the past? Since it’s gotten such rave opinions from AK readers, I figured it used to be time to take a look at some other model that was once simply as unbelievably delicious. So I set out on a quest to make a banana bread that tastes precisely like a fudgy brownie. GET EXCITED because you’re going to wish to make this recipe ASAP.
That’s proper everyone, I made you a healthy chocolate banana bread that tastes just like a fudgy brownie. I used to be blown away the primary time I had a slice, after which immediately ate every other one crowned with peanut butter + a sprinkle of sea salt.
Yep, it’s that excellent.
Ingredients in healthy chocolate banana bread
This incredible grain & gluten free chocolate banana bread recipe is of course sweetened, decrease in carbs and made with healthy fats. I really like how nourishing it is thanks to almond flour, simple to make, and absolutely best possible for all of my chocolate lovers. Plus, it’s deliciously moist and full of numerous chocolate chips. What’s existence without chocolate? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Overripe bananas: make sure to use bananas that have lots of brown spots on them. This will give the bread a herbal sweetness.
- Eggs: the eggs stay this chocolate banana bread tremendous moist and fluffy. I haven’t attempted it with flax eggs however let me know when you give it a shot.
- Pure maple syrup: you’ll just want slightly of maple syrup in order that the bread is completely sweet. Date syrup would also work effectively. I'd no longer suggest the usage of honey as it would purpose the bread to burn.
- Vanilla extract: just a little vanilla makes a large distinction in baking. If you’re out you'll additionally use a touch of bourbon.
- Almond flour: we’re the usage of nice, blanched almond flour on this recipe to keep it gluten & grain free.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: this give the bread that wealthy chocolate flavor.
- Baking soda: to make certain that the chocolate banana bread rises.
- Salt: for a boost of flavor.
- Dark chocolate chips: is there anything higher than bites of chocolate in each slice? Feel free to use dairy free chocolate chips, too.
- Fancy sea salt: I like sprinkling slightly fancy sea salt on top of each slice. Optional, but so scrumptious!
What makes this chocolate banana bread healthy?
Traditional chocolate banana breads have a tendency to be filled with oil and subtle sugars, making them nearly like a rich cake. Don’t get me mistaken, I really like a just right slice of cake, however I wanted to lighten up this chocolate banana bread to make it a fantastic snack, easy breakfast and even a more fit dessert. Here’s what makes this bread more nutritious:
- There’s no oil! That’s proper, this healthy chocolate banana bread is deliciously wet without having any extra oil.
- It’s naturally sweetened with just ripe bananas and natural maple syrup. Dark chocolate chips add an additional touch of sweetness — feel free to make use of whatever emblem you favor.
- It’s gluten free, grain free, dairy free, and paleo. It just makes use of almond flour + cocoa powder as the dry ingredients and nil butter or different kinds of dairy.
- There are healthy fat! The almond flour additionally supplies a just right quantity of healthy fat to stay you feeling satisfied when you enjoy the bread for breakfast or as a snack.
Tips for making this banana bread
Here are a few of my perfect pointers for making sure your gluten free chocolate banana bread comes out very best:
- Follow the recipe. The perfect manner to verify the luck of this healthy chocolate banana bread is to follow the recipe and use the exact components as written. I haven’t tried this bread with different flour substitutes, so I’m no longer positive how the bread would prove when substituting them.
- Use overripe bananas. Using bananas that experience LOTS AND LOTS of brown spots and are very comfortable will lend a hand stay this banana bread both sweet, perfectly wet and scrumptious. Trust me.
- Use fresh baking soda. If your baking soda is older than 3 months, I recommend grabbing a brand new one for very best baking effects.
- Enjoy it the next day. Banana bread is at all times very best the day after it’s baked, because the sugars release the bread gets sweeter!
- Add your fav mix-ins. Feel free so as to add in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans for additional healthy fats!
Make this healthy chocolate banana bread into cakes
You can absolutely use this gluten free chocolate banana bread recipe and switch it into desserts! Here’s the way to do it:
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or use muffin liners. To be safe, I all the time spray the inside of the liners too.
- Prepare batter as directed, then divide calmly between liners.
- Bake for 18-23 mins at 350 degrees F or until tester comes out blank.
How to retailer banana bread
This healthy chocolate banana bread should be stored well-covered in foil or plastic wrap at room temperature for as much as Three days, then I recommend moving to the fridge or freezer.
How to freeze banana bread
This bread freezes nicely! Simply wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and in spite of everything place in a reusable bag or freezer pleasant bag for as much as Three months. Thaw at room temperature as soon as you're ready to consume. You too can feel free to freeze person slices for a fast at the move treat.
More banana recipes you’ll love
Vegan Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls
Best Ever Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Chia Banana Bread Energy Bites
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins (dairy free + gluten free)
Paleo Double Chocolate Tahini Banana Muffins
If you are making this healthy chocolate banana bread recipe, be sure you depart a comment under and price the recipe! You too can snap and picture and submit it on Instagram the use of the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. xo!
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 mins
Total Time 1 hour 5 mins
Healthy chocolate banana bread made with almond flour and sweetened simplest with bananas and a touch of pure maple syrup. This paleo, dairy free and gluten free chocolate banana bread tastes like a delicious brownie and will probably be your new favorite to bake when you have additional bananas.
- 3 very ripe medium bananas (ones with LOTS of brown spots), mashed (1 ¼ cups mashed banana)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups packed fine blanched almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup darkish chocolate chips (dairy free if desired), plus 2 tablespoons extra chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on most sensible
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an Eight ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray to stop sticking.
In a large bowl, whisk in combination the mashed bananas, eggs, natural maple syrup and vanilla extract until well blended. Add within the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Use a wooden spoon to combine. Fold within the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on most sensible. Bake for fifty minutes-65 minutes or until the tester comes out almost clean in the course of the bread. Cool bread for 10 minutes within the pan, then remove and switch to a cord rack to complete cooling completely. Once cool, lower into 12 slices. The bread is very best the next day to come (as are all banana breads!) Top together with your favourite nut butter or butter and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt. Enjoy!
Feel free so as to add in ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans for extra healthy fat.
Bread must be stored well-covered at room temperature for as much as 3 days, then I like to recommend transferring to the fridge or freezer.
This bread freezes properly, merely wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and in spite of everything place in a reusable bag or freezer pleasant bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature as soon as you are prepared to consume. You can also really feel free to freeze individual slices for a quick on the move treat.
Servings: 12 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated fat: 3.9g
Recipe via: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography through: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also