Are you in a position for yet every other superb Ambitious Kitchen muffin recipe? I simply can’t forestall.
These healthy blueberry zucchini muffins have been firstly printed again in 2015 and I still can’t get over how a lot I like them. To be truthful, I utterly forgot they were at the website online until I realized a couple of of you making them and leaving comments about how a lot you adored the recipe.
So here we are!
Ingredients in blueberry zucchini muffins
These healthy blueberry zucchini muffins are pure gold among muffins. Here’s what you’ll need to make them:
- White complete wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour: To cause them to gluten loose I’d counsel trying out an all purpose gluten free flour, chickpea flour or oat flour. I haven’t attempted it, however please report again in case you do.
- Baking soda: to lend a hand these bake up correctly.
- Cinnamon: for a scrumptious, comfy taste.
- Shredded zucchini: provides moisture to those amazing muffins and a sneaky veggie! Make sure to squeeze it of extra moisture sooner than you upload to the batter.
- Maple syrup: for a yummy, herbal sweetness instead of sugar. Plus who doesn’t love maple + blueberry in combination?
- Vanilla & almond extract: the mix makes these further particular.
- Olive oil: you’ll simply want 2 tablespoons – that’s it! Feel unfastened to sub in melted butter or metled and cooled coconut oil when you choose.
- Applesauce: for added moisture rather than further oil.
- Egg: to carry those young children in combination. You may just additionally check out the use of a flax egg however I haven’t tested it.
- Almond milk: just a bit for the very best amount of moisture
- Blueberries: for bursts of blueberry flavor in each chunk!
Admittedly, I like baking with zucchini (check out all my zucchini recipes!). Typically the zucchini supplies sufficient moisture to cut maximum extra fat in half and add additional fiber and nutrition. ME LIKEY. I made Tony try one sooner than he left for paintings at some point. He referred to as me 5 minutes later to inform me how delicious they were (even with the zucchini!).
How to make blueberry zucchini muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin liners. Either means I like to recommend using nonstick cooking spray. This promises that they muffins won't keep on with the liners or the pan.
- In a big bowl mix the dry components: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, add the next rainy ingredients: shredded zucchini, pure maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract, olive oil, applesauce, egg and milk; blend till neatly blended. Add dry components to rainy ingredients and blend till simply mixed. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Even distribute batter among muffin tins, filling about 3/Four of the best way complete. Bake for 22-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out blank. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes then remove muffins and transfer to wire rack to complete cooling. Makes 12 muffins.
Tips for baking with zucchini
- wash your zucchini but no wish to peel it first.
- use a grater like this for finely shredding your zucchini.
- squeeze out the entire extra moisture the usage of something like a cheesecloth or a dish towel.
- freeze extra shredded zucchini for the usage of later! I have a complete information on easy methods to do it here.
Freezer-friendly blueberry zucchini muffins
Yes, those healthy blueberry zucchini muffins are freezer-friendly! Simply wrap muffins individually in freezer-safe bags or store them in a big freezer bag. When you’re able to enjoy them, reheat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave or just thaw them at room temperature.
Customize your blueberry zucchini muffins
Feel loose so as to add some mix-ins or toppings! I recommend:
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- add in orange or lemon zest for a citrus twist
- upload poppyseeds for crunch
- a yummy lemon glaze like in this recipe
- a drizzle of homemade nut butter on best
More zucchini baked goods to check out
Skinny Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip
Double Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Healthy Zucchini Brownies
Grain Free Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Zucchini Bread (2 different ways!)
Healthy Zucchini Bread
I'm hoping you like these healthy blueberry zucchini muffins! If you make them I’d love so that you can depart a comment and score letting me understand how you liked them. Enjoy xo!
Good Morning Healthy Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 mins
Healthy blueberry zucchini muffins made extra moist because of zucchini and applesauce! These easy blueberry zucchini muffins are naturally sweetened with natural maple syrup instead of sugar. Great for snacking & freezer-friendly, too!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour or entire wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture with a paper towel
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or sub melted butter)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or apple butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 cup recent or frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin liners. Either means I recommend using nonstick cooking spray. This guarantees that they muffins won't keep on with the liners or the pan.
In a big bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; put aside.
In a separate medium bowl, upload the following rainy substances: shredded zucchini, natural maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract, olive oil, applesauce, egg and milk; blend until well mixed. Add dry ingredients to rainy substances and blend till simply combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
Even distribute batter among muffin tins, filling about 3/Four of the way in which complete. Bake for 22-Half-hour or till toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Cool on twine rack for 10 minutes then take away muffins and switch to cord rack to complete cooling. Makes 12 muffins.
Muffins can be frozen; in my opinion wrap muffins in ziploc baggage or retailer them in a big freezer bag. Reheat for 30-45 seconds in the microwave or simply thaw them at room temperature.
To make vegan: Use a flax egg instead of a normal egg.
To make gluten unfastened: I like to recommend subbing all goal gluten unfastened flour, chickpea flour or oat flour. Please word that I have not examined them with a gluten unfastened sub, so cannot be positive they will work.
Out of applesauce? I think 1 mashed banana would work smartly.
Servings: 12 muffins
Serving size: 1 muffin
Recipe at the start revealed August 2015. Republished April 2020.
You May Like Also