When I first of all polled Instagram asking what sort of smoothie recipes you sought after to see on Ambitious Kitchen, lots of you wanted some no banana smoothies, which I utterly get. It turns out like nearly all creamy smoothies out there have bananas in them, am I right?
Well wonder all you cool cats and kittens (please tell me you get that reference), this green smoothie is evidence you don’t need bananas to get a creamy and nutritious smoothie that’s still sweet enough to drink!
Since my Immune Boosting Wellness Smoothie is a favourite on Ambitious Kitchen, I determined to create some other green smoothie that’s absolute best for both children and adults. It’s full of tropical flavors and is superb for breakfast thanks to fruits, veggies and wholesome fats to lend a hand keep you satisfied all morning.
Ingredients in the best green smoothie recipe
This green smoothie recipe happens to be each vegan and dairy loose, making it a great choice for nearly any person plus there’s no sweeteners added. Yep, that’s right, this green smoothie is good enough on its own thanks to tropical fruit so there isn’t any want to upload unnecessary sweeteners. Just the end result and veggies, Mom!
- Frozen pineapple: did you know that pineapple is excellent for digestion? It accommodates an enzyme called bromelain which helps combat inflammation in the intestine and body. I say, eat up!
- Frozen mango: instead of frozen mango you'll feel free to make use of 1 frozen banana. I do love to keep on with frozen end result as they assist keep smoothies chilly and frozen.
- Ripe avocado: if you happen to like your smoothies additional creamy, avocado is a brilliant add-in. Not most effective does it lend a hand strengthen the color of this green smoothie but it also supplies healthy fat, potassium, fiber and various B nutrients. Don’t fear, thanks to the tropical fruit and ginger, you gained’t even style the avocado.
- Fresh ginger: this used to be any other reader request and so delicious in green smoothies! Be sure to make use of recent ginger (now not powdered) and in the event you don’t have a high powered blender, I recommend grating the ginger to ensure even blending.
- Organic spinach: a really perfect veggie to add to any smoothie. If you’re looking to get more greens to your smoothie, try including a couple of cups of spinach is the absolute best method to take action!
- Almond milk (or milk of selection): be happy to make use of any milk you’d like in my smoothie recipes in line with your preferences. Almond milk has a tendency to have a neutral taste in smoothies, coconut milk will add a extra tropical and creamy flavor, and regular milk will add a spice up of protein.
Simple aspect swaps
In common, I suggest trying to stick to the fruit and liquid ratios to verify this green smoothie remains great and creamy. However, there are some easy factor swaps that will still keep those green smoothie tasting scrumptious:
- Customize your fruit. If you’re out of pineapple or mango, feel free to simply upload more of the different fruit or change in a frozen banana.
- No avocado? No problem. This green smoothie will still be scrumptious with out it, and you could upload some yogurt for added creaminess.
- Swap your greens. Feel free to make use of kale in place of the spinach.
- Out of clean ginger? I absolutely love the freshness (and tummy soothing houses) that ginger gives to this green smoothie, but if you don’t have any it's going to still be good with out it.
Are green smoothies actually that just right for you?
Everyone’s health and vitamin wishes are other, but as a result of this green smoothie is full of vitamins, minerals and even healthy fats I’d say YES it is extremely good for you! If you’re searching for tactics to up your fruit and vegetable intake, that is the highest breakfast or snack to revel in.
Can you taste the vegetables?
Nope! The best part about this green smoothie recipe is that you just get to sneak in heaps of wholesome vegetables that you just gained’t even have the ability to come across. This easy green smoothie recipe is made with out banana and tastes tropical and refreshing due to the mango, pineapple and ginger.
Adding extra vitamin to green smoothies
You can reinforce any green smoothie by including further nutritious ingredients to in point of fact make it your own. Don’t be afraid to experiment a little! Here are a few suggestions that you can add to this green smoothie:
- Matcha: if you’re a green tea lover, you'll be able to upload a teaspoon of matcha in your smoothie for green colour, antioxidants and earthy flavor.
- Flaxseed meal: this is certainly one of my favourite substances to add to smoothies for just a little spice up of fiber and minerals, and is especially great for nursing mamas as flaxseed can assist building up milk supply. Usually a tablespoon is lots! Here’s a brand I love.
- Chia seeds: be at liberty so as to add in a tablespoon of chia seeds in your smoothie for a boost of wholesome fats and fiber.
- Hemp seeds: when you’ve been questioning what to do with the ones hemp seeds lurking in your cupboard, be happy to throw in a tablespoon into your smoothie for a boost of healthy fat, omegas and minerals.
- Protein: make this a post-workout smoothie and boost the protein by means of adding 1/2 cup greek yogurt or 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder. I recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Bob’s Red Mill Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder.
- Mint: do you're keen on minty flavor? Add a few fresh mint leaves!
Tips for making green smoothies
Have you had a chance to take a look at my submit about prepping smoothies and find out how to increase their vitamin?! If not, it’s a really perfect resource! Here are a few more guidelines I like to percentage with regard to creating the best creamy, healthy green smoothie:
- Use frozen fruit. Using frozen fruit is best because it is helping keeps the smoothie cold and thick. Sometimes ice doesn’t mix as neatly, so it’s best to skip unless completely vital. If you most effective have recent fruit, take a look at adding 1 cup frozen cauliflower.
- Add extra liquid. Don’t be afraid to add extra liquid if your smoothie is too thick or received’t totally blend. High powered blenders generally tend to mix frozen fruit much better, so when you've got a normal or personal measurement blender, you may need to add more milk.
- Start low, cross high. Start the blender on low pace, then progressively building up to excessive to help blend all ingredients. Finally end with the blender on low speed.
- Swap your greens. Feel loose to use kale as an alternative of spinach if that’s what you may have available.
Favorite smoothie tools
Check out extra of our go-to kitchen essentials here.
More smoothie recipes to try
Get all of our scrumptious smoothie recipes here!
I am hoping you like this scrumptious green smoothie recipe! Be sure to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you liked it. And don’t forget to try our information on how to prep smoothies ahead of time. xo!
The Best Green Smoothie
Prep Time 5 mins
Total Time 5 minutes
Get your greens in with this delicious wholesome green smoothie recipe made with mango, pineapple, ginger, avocado for creaminess and a dose of heart-healthy fat and spinach for nutrition. This easy green smoothie recipe is vegan and dairy free for the final breakfast on the go or refreshing snack.
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled
- 2 cups natural spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus extra as essential
- Optional: 1 tbsp hemp seeds or flaxseed meal
In a large high-powered blender, add in all components and blend on high for 1-2 mins or until all substances are smartly combined. If necessary, upload in more milk to thin the smoothie and blend again. Serves 1.
matcha: in case you are a green tea lover, you'll be able to add a teaspoon of matcha in your smoothie for green color, antioxidants and earthy taste.
flaxseed meal: this is certainly one of my favourite ingredients to add to smoothies for a bit of spice up of fiber and minerals, and is particularly nice for nursing mamas as flaxseed can help build up milk provide. Usually a tablespoon is masses!
chia seeds: be happy so as to add in a tablespoon of chia seeds to your smoothie for a spice up of wholesome fat and fiber.
hemp seeds: in case you've been questioning what to do with those hemp seeds lurking on your cupboard, be happy to throw in a tablespoon into your smoothie for a spice up of healthy fat, omegas and minerals.
protein: make this a post-workout smoothie and spice up the protein via adding 1/2 cup greek yogurt or 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder.
Servings: 1 smoothie
Serving dimension: 1 smoothie
Saturated fat: 1.9g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by way of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also