Guess who’s back? Back again. Another AK cake recipes is again. Tell yo friends.
Hopefully you get that Eminem music reference and if no longer, let’s just transfer alongside to this DAMN GOOD PEANUT BUTTER BANANA CAKE. And marvel: this straightforward banana cake is gluten loose, grain free and simply dairy unfastened too. It’s a bit of healthier than maximum cakes, making it highest for kiddo’s birthdays, or simply anytime you need a DAMN GOOD cake.
I created this recipe nearly 6 months ago on a whim and have been keeping it secret ever since. Since I make a Valentine’s Day cake recipe for you each single 12 months, I knew this peanut butter banana cake could be this year’s candy winner.
I’ve already made it four instances already with quite a lot of frostings (cream cheese, chocolate, vanilla and pb); but I discovered that pairing the peanut butter banana cake with peanut butter frosting used to be the clear winner. You know what they say: double the peanut butter, double the love.
Jk, that’s simplest me.
Ingredients in this gluten unfastened peanut butter banana cake recipe
- Almond flour: I recommend using a high-quality blanched almond flour. Make sure you pack the almond flour like you might with brown sugar!
- Coconut flour: this can be a nice gluten free flour to assist take in moisture in recipes and likewise upload fiber and diet. No want to pack the coconut flour.
- Vanilla: an very important in baking.
- Eggs: this peanut butter banana cake recipe requires 4 eggs to help create a fluffy consistency and texture. To make this cake vegan you must check out the usage of 4 flax eggs (4 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 12 tablespoons water), but please know that I haven’t tested a vegan verison.
- Bananas: you’ll get main scrumptious, moist banana bread vibes but in cake shape (omg sure). Make sure your bananas are ripe to supply a good amount of all-natural sweetness.
- Pure maple syrup: I love love baking with pure maple syrup for a touch of sweetness and moisture in baking.
- Peanut butter: because it’s a peanut butter cake, after all! Be sure to use an all pure creamy peanut butter that has simply peanuts + salt. I like this brand for anything else/the whole lot but Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods each promote superior peanut butters with just peanuts + salt because the elements. You’ll use peanut butter in each the cake batter and the fluffy peanut butter frosting.
- Mini chocolate chips: the entirety’s higher with somewhat chocolate, right? You’ll upload some mini chocolate chips immediately to the cake batter, but be at liberty to jazz it up with some at the most sensible & aspects after you frost. Feel free to use dairy unfastened mini chocolate chips like these if you happen to’d like.
- Butter: at the side of the creamy peanut butter, the frosting requires butter to create a shockingly scrumptious peanut butter buttercream. Feel loose to make use of a vegan buttery stick, too.
- Powdered sugar: provides the very best quantity of sweetness to the frosting. You too can try my paleo powdered sugar recipe!
Let’s talk concerning the fluffy peanut butter frosting
Guys. This peanut butter frosting is fluffy, completely sweet and fairly addicting. To make it you’ll want simply:
- softened butter (or a vegan buttery stick)
- powdered sugar
- pure, creamy peanut butter
- a few splashes of almond milk to make it further creamy
Whip it up and unfold it on to take this banana cake to the NEXT LEVEL. I re-tested it a few times to make it highest, and let’s simply say Abra and I have been directly dipping apples in it the second time around. If you might have further frosting I’d counsel the use of it as a dip to your favourite fruit, pretzels, graham crackers or perhaps a cookie recipe!
Tips for making this grain unfastened peanut butter banana cake with peanut butter frosting
- You want a couple of crucial kitchen tools for this recipe including: 6 inch cake pans (or you'll be able to use two 8-inch pans), parchment paper, an offset spatula for the frosting, a good set of mixing bowls and a cake stand.
- Use ripe bananas with a couple of brown spots. This help download the easiest cake texture, sweetness and consistency.
- Please make sure to practice the instructions as written, and wait until the cake layers are totally cool prior to frosting them. After they are frosted, I recommend storing this gluten free peanut butter banana cake in refrigerator for optimal freshness.
- Do a crumb coat for the frosting first. Frost the layers as you usually would, coat the outdoor of the cake with an excessively thin layer of frosting, and then place the cake in fridge for 10-15 minutes before you finish frosting. This is so that the crumbs keep on with this layer of frosting and no longer your major layer.
How to store this simple peanut butter banana cake
One of the most efficient parts about this easy banana cake recipe is that you can make it 1-2 days forward of time. I like to make the muffins forward of time and keep them in the refrigerator for easy bring together, but you'll be able to also retailer it after you’ve frosted the cake too.
To store: feel free to leave the fully-frosting peanut butter banana cake at the countertop wrapped in tinfoil for someday. After that, transfer the cake to the fridge for up to Five days.
To freeze: you can in reality freeze this peanut butter banana cake both frosted or unfrosted for up to 2 months! When you’re ready to serve it, simply thaw it within the fridge overnight after which let the cake come to room temperature earlier than serving.
I am hoping you're keen on this grain unfastened peanut butter banana cake as much as we did! If you're making it, make sure to leave a remark underneath and charge the recipe. xo!
Damn Good Peanut Butter Banana Cake (gluten loose, grain loose)
Prep Time 30 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
Total Time 1 hour
Damn good grain free peanut butter banana cake full of mini chocolate chips and topped with a luscious peanut butter frosting. This unbelievable gluten free peanut butter banana cake recipe is easy to make and best for Valentine's Day, birthdays and special occasions!
- Wet elements
- 3 very overripe medium bananas, mashed (1 ¼ cup mashed overripe banana)
- 4 massive eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup natural creamy peanut butter (most effective peanuts & salt as components)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients
- 2 cups packed super high quality blanched almond flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- ½ cup coconut flour (don't pack)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, dairy loose if desired
- For the frosting:
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature (or sub vegan butter)
- ½ cup pure creamy peanut butter (just peanuts + salt)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice), to make the frosting creamy
- To garnish the cake:
- Mini chocolate chips across the edges of the cake
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line the ground of three 6-inch round cake pans or two 8-inch spherical cake pans with parchment paper rounds. Spray parchment paper and aspects of pan with nonstick cooking spray. YOU SHOULD USE PARCHMENT PAPER or the cake is likely to stick. Please don't omit.
In a big bowl, whisk in combination mashed bananas, eggs, pure maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla extract until easy.
In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside. Add dry substances to wet substances and blend with a wooden spoon until neatly mixed. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
Divide batter calmly between pans and spread out with a spatula to smooth the tops. Bake for 20-30 minutes if the use of two 8-inch pans and 25-35 minutes for three 6-inch pans. Cakes are carried out when a tester comes out blank or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow cake to cool totally sooner than frosting or removing from the pans. The cake should be room temperature or chilly while you frost it. This is essential. Cakes may also be made a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator for those who’d like.
Make your frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, upload the softened butter and peanut butter and whip on prime until gentle and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons almond milk. Beat slow in the beginning, then build up velocity to top and beat for approximately two minutes. Frosting must be great and creamy, if you wish to have it additional creamy, upload any other tablespoon of almond milk and beat again.
Now it’s time to frost the cake: position about 1-2 tablespoons down onto the cake stand and unfold out. Invert 1 cake onto the cake stand, add about ½ heaping cup frosting between each and every layer, repeat with every cake, then frost the highest and facets of the cake with the remainder frosting. If you’d like, you'll do a crumb coat for the frosting first (to keep away from crumbs in the frosting) via doing the following: Frost the layers as you in most cases would after which coat the out of doors of the cake with an excessively thin layer of frosting and place in fridge for 10-15 minutes prior to you finish frosting. This is so that the crumbs persist with this sediment of frosting and now not your primary layer.
Cake will keep good for 5-7 days within the refrigerator, and should be lined to make sure freshness. Serves 16.
To make dairy unfastened: use vegan butter (I recommend Earth Balance) for the frosting. Be certain to also use dairy loose chocolate chips (I recommend Enjoy Life).
To make vegan: I have not tried making this cake vegan, but when you wish to have to take a look at you'll use 4 flax eggs (4 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 12 tablespoons water).
Recipe via: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography through: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also