This smoothie is probably one among our favourite smoothie recipes of all time. It’s creamy & scrumptious and the perfect drink after my early morning workouts or if I need a caffeine-infused afternoon snack that’s both wholesome and protein packed. Say hi to my coffee smoothie recipe that tastes like a peanut butter banana smoothie and a mocha had a child and I’M HERE FOR IT!
Not best is that this smoothie full of flavor, however it also comprises a lot of nourishing ingredients like brewed coffee, peanut butter, banana, cauliflower (yes that’s right!), cacao and protein powder. Trust me, you’ll never know there’s cauliflower in this recipe both; all it does is add a creamy consistency to the smoothie!
Ways so as to add coffee to smoothies
There are a couple of ways in which I really like so as to add coffee to my smoothies that I feel work best in both flavor and texture. I might not recommend the usage of ground coffee beans as they’ll perhaps be too potent and crunchy. Here are the most productive techniques to arrange your coffee for smoothies:
- Brew a pot of coffee such as you typically would and then reserve a couple of cups for making smoothies. First, allow the coffee to cool utterly to room temperature, then add the coffee to a mason jar or glass container and shop within the fridge for as much as 5 days for smoothie use.
- Another possibility is to pour room temperature coffee into an ice dice tray and freeze them for later. This is a great choice as a result of then you are able to make the smoothie anytime you’d like, just know that you could want to upload extra milk to the coffee smoothie with a view to get the ice to blend correctly.
- Make sturdy instant coffee! Occasionally I’ll do this if I don’t really feel like making a contemporary pot of coffee. Simply make a cup of rapid coffee such as you in most cases would according to the instructions at the package, except add an additional serving of speedy coffee granules because you’ll be including loads of ice later to chill it down. Once the moment coffee dissolves in warm/sizzling water, you’ll in an instant switch it to a large bowl or massive glass and add as a lot ice as you'll be able to. This is to chill down the coffee as a way to immediately use it to make your smoothie. Yum!
- Use do-it-yourself or store-bought cold brew as a substitute of coffee. This is another nice option when you like your coffee smoothie a little more potent at the caffeine side or in the event you just want the convenience of the use of something store-bought.
Coffee smoothie elements
Below are elements you'll be able to feel free to mix 'n match in this coffee smoothie, however on the whole, I counsel seeking to stick to the fruit and liquid ratios. This recipe is packing some critically nutritious elements and comprises 17g protein and 9g fiber according to serving. Whoo hoo! Here’s what you’ll want:
- Brewed coffee: upload a kick of caffeine (or use decaf) and a scrumptious coffee flavor in your smoothie by including brewed coffee that has been cooled. Feel loose to get a little bit fancy with cold brew, too!
- Frozen banana: using frozen fruit is perfect in smoothies and banana helps to sweeten this one!
- Frozen cauliflower: I take advantage of frozen cauliflower instead of ice to thicken this smoothie whilst sneaking in some extra veggies. You won’t taste it at all (Tony didn’t!) and it thickens it up with out making it watery like ice can. Try it out and let me know what you think.
- All natural peanut butter: a little bit of peanut butter (or your favourite nut butter) adds a bit of of protein and wholesome fats, plus a scrumptious creaminess to this smoothie. Feel loose to make use of your favorite logo of all natural nut butter, which should be simply nuts + salt. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ to get 15% off of my favorite logo, Wild Friends!
- Vanilla: vanilla is all the time really helpful.
- Protein powder: I made this a post-workout smoothie by means of including a scoop of collagen peptides protein, however you'll be able to use a plant based totally protein powder as a substitute. I like to recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Four Sigmatic for a vegan choice.
- Cacao powder: cacao powder has a richer chocolate taste than common cocoa powder, and it accommodates extra minerals like magnesium. This is a brand I like to use.
- Milk: be happy to make use of any milk you’d like in my smoothie recipes consistent with your preferences. Almond milk has a tendency to have a impartial taste in smoothies, coconut milk will upload a more tropical and creamy taste, and common milk will upload a boost of protein. Try my home made Homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Milk for a scrumptious Nutella taste!
Adding additional nutrition to this coffee smoothie
You can support any smoothie via including further nutritious substances to really make it your own. Here are a few ideas that you'll upload to this coffee smoothie:
- Flaxseed meal: that is one among my favorite substances to add to smoothies for a bit boost of fiber and minerals, and is especially nice for nursing mamas as flaxseed can lend a hand increase milk supply. Usually, a tablespoon is masses! Here’s a brand I love.
- Chia seeds: be happy to add in a tablespoon of chia seeds for your smoothie for a boost of healthy fat and fiber.
- Hemp seeds: if you’ve been wondering what to do with those hemp seeds lurking on your cabinet, feel free to throw in a tablespoon into your smoothie for a boost of wholesome fat, omegas and minerals.
- Oats: to add slightly heartiness for your smoothie and to help thicken it, be happy so as to add in 1/Three cup oats. Do no longer use metal cut oats as they are going to no longer blend smartly.
- Avocado: add healthy fats and create a thick, creamy smoothie by including ripe avocado. Usually 1/Four or 1/2 of an avocado will be sufficient and also assist to keep you glad thank you to those wholesome fats.
Make it forward of time
Be positive to take a look at our three different ways to prep and store smoothies on your freezer so that you could make this healthy coffee smoothie ahead of time! Feel free to double or triple it and enjoy all week lengthy.
Tips for making smoothies
Here are a couple of of my favourite tips I love to proportion with reference to creating the most productive creamy, wholesome smoothies:
- Use frozen produce. Using frozen fruits & veggies is perfect as it is helping assists in keeping the smoothie chilly and thick. Sometimes ice doesn’t blend as smartly, so it’s easiest to skip except completely necessary.
- Adjust the liquid. Don’t be afraid to add more liquid if your smoothie is just too thick or received’t totally mix. High powered blenders have a tendency to blend frozen fruit much better, so you probably have a normal or non-public measurement blender, it's possible you'll wish to upload extra milk.
- Start gradual. Start the blender on low velocity, then steadily build up to excessive to help mix all substances. Finally finish with the blender on low pace.
- Choose your sweetness level. If a smoothie doesn’t style sweet enough to your liking, you can upload a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, natural maple syrup or 1 pitted Medjool date.
Check out extra of our favourite go-to kitchen essentials here.
Watch me make this scrumptious coffee smoothie recipe:
More smoothie recipes you might like
Get all of our wonderful smoothie recipes here, and don’t fail to remember to sign up for our 7-Day Smoothie Challenge!
I will be able to’t wait to hear how you favor this coffee smoothie! Come back the following day for any other scrumptious smoothie recipe you gained’t wish to miss. And don’t put out of your mind to check out our information on how to prep smoothies ahead of time. xo!
Good Morning Coffee Lover's Smoothie
Prep Time 5 mins
Total Time 5 mins
Learn easy methods to make a coffee smoothie with brewed coffee! This delicious, easy coffee smoothie recipe has a touch of chocolate from cacao powder, a spice up of protein from collagen peptides and nut butter, and makes an ideal morning pick-me-up or post-workout breakfast.
- ¾ cup brewed coffee, cooled in the refrigerator
- 1 frozen medium ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon herbal peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- ¾ cup frozen cauliflower (or ½ cup ice)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk, plus more if essential
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder (or use unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 serving collagen peptides (or your favorite protein powder)
In a big high-powered blender, add in all components and blend on high for 1-2 mins or till all substances are smartly blended. If necessary, add in more almond milk to skinny the smoothie. Makes 1 smoothie.
Make it ahead of time: make sure that to try our three different ways to prep and shop smoothies to your freezer to be able to make this healthy coffee smoothie forward of time! Feel free to double or triple it and revel in all week lengthy.
Servings: 1 serving
Serving size: 1 smoothie
Saturated fats: 1.5g
Recipe by means of: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography through: Eat Love Eats
This post used to be at the beginning printed on July 11, 2019 and republished on September 6, 2021.
You May Like Also