I don’t learn about you however I LOVE a just right weeknight stir fry.
You can throw it together in half-hour or so, they’re full of nutritious veggies, lean protein and of course, a in point of fact epic stir fry sauce to tie all of it together. It’s additionally a very good wholesome meal to make in case you have youngsters and very limited time. Am I proper, mamas?
Today’s stir fry is one in all my all time favs: cashew chicken stir fry with the method to make it with a facet of coconut cauliflower rice — YUM!
Ingredients on this cashew chicken stir fry
This scrumptious, healthy cashew chicken stir fry is gluten, grain & dairy free and paleo-friendly, which makes it nice for anyone with dietary restrictions or personal tastes. Below you’ll to find the elements I used for this recipe, however feel free to mix and match. I incorporated some nice concepts for substitutions at the bottom of this put up, too!
- Veggies: this dish has broccoli, pink bell pepper, red onion and shredded carrots for a scrumptious boost of fiber and crunch. Plus, these veggies give the stir fry a beautiful colour!
- Stir fry sauce: the unbelievable sauce is made with cashew butter, coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce), fresh grated ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes when you like slightly warmth!
- Cauliflower rice: a bonus veggie that’s best possible for making this dish gluten & grain-free. I love how the cauliflower rice soaks up the entire peanut sauce goodness. YUM. Check out my full educational on tips on how to make cauliflower rice here!
- Protein: hi flavorful chicken and crunchy cashews! This wholesome cashew chicken stir fry is protein-packed and assured to stay you feeling glad till dinner. The sauce additionally has a cashew butter base for a boost of wholesome fats + scrumptious flavor.
How to make cashew chicken stir fry
- First, prepare your stir fry sauce via whisking all the sauce substances right into a bowl. Set that apart.
- Next, you’ll cook your chicken via adding coconut oil to a large wok or pot and hanging it over medium high heat. Once the oil is sizzling upload your chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper and fully prepare dinner it until it’s now not crimson. Add your chicken to a bowl and put aside.
- You’ll then cook dinner all of the ones veggies. Add coconut oil to the similar skillet and cut back the warmth to medium. Add your garlic and prepare dinner for 30 seconds or till aromatic, then upload in the white part of green onions (reserve green phase for topping) along with the rest of your veggies. Stir fry these until the onions cook dinner down and broccoli turns into a bit mushy.
- Reduce the warmth to low, upload the chicken and your sauce on your skillet stuffed with veggies and gently stir to coat the veggies. You’ll cook this for any other little while whilst you're making the cauliflower rice to serve it with!
How to make coconut cauliflower rice
Making cauliflower rice is easier than you assume, and I like how this particular version infuses candy coconut flavor into it. Here’s easy methods to make coconut cauliflower rice:
- Remove all vegetables from cauliflower and wreck into florets. You can either use a field grater, or a meals processor to procedure the cauliflower into rice. If the usage of a meals processor (the simpler approach), merely add part of cauliflower florets to bowl of the meals processor with a blade attachment. Pulse till cauliflower resembles rice. Add in remaining florets and process again till cauliflower becomes rice-like.
- Transfer to a big, blank dish towel and squeeze the entire moisture out of the cauliflower.
- Add ½ tablespoon coconut oil to a big skillet and position it over medium warmth. Once oil is scorching, upload in cauliflower rice and cook dinner for 5 mins, stirring from time to time. Season with salt and pepper. You’ll serve this with the cashew chicken stir fry!
Customize your stir fry
This simple cashew chicken stir fry is great for the use of up veggies and ingredients you may have on-hand!
- Other veggies to check out: inexperienced beans, mushrooms, asparagus, snow peas or even water chestnuts could be scrumptious in this recipe! Feel loose to mix and match in line with what you've to be had.
- Try another nut butter: out of cashew butter? Peanut, almond butter or tahini would even be nice choices for the stir fry sauce.
- Go for a grain: for those who don’t have cauliflower, this healthy cashew chicken stir fry would be scrumptious served with quinoa, brown rice, and even yummy stir fry rice noodles.
- Make it vegan and/or vegetarian! Feel unfastened to make use of a can of chickpeas or tofu for a gorgeous plant-based protein choice. You can stay the remainder of the elements as they are. So easy!
Meal prep your stir fry
Easily meal prep this cashew chicken stir fry for the week through including 1/Four of the stir fry (chicken + veggie in sauce) with about 1 cup of the coconut cauliflower rice to a glass meal prep containers. This recipe will make Four servings, which is perfect for weekday lunches! Simply reheat in the microwave prior to taking part in.
More wholesome stir fry recipes to check out
30-Minute Sesame Chicken Green Bean Stir Fry
Healthy Orange Chicken Stir Fry with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
Mango Chicken Stir-Fry
Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry
Kung Pao Chickpea & Brussels Sprouts Stir-Fry
I know you’re going to like this simple ginger cashew chicken stir fry recipe. Please let me know if you are making it by leaving a remark and ranking the recipe beneath. I’d love to listen to from you and it is helping inspire others to make the recipe too! Enjoy xo.
Ginger Cashew Chicken Stir Fry with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 mins
Incredible wholesome ginger cashew chicken stir fry packed with veggies like bell pepper, broccoli and carrots, and served with a flavorful coconut cauliflower rice! This protein-packed, paleo cashew chicken stir fry recipe has brilliant colours, scrumptious flavors, and is best possible for meal-prep.
- For the cauliflower rice:
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter (or sub peanut butter, almond butter or tahini)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons heat water, to thin the sauce
- If you find it irresistible highly spiced: upload a few shakes of purple pepper flakes or a dash of cayenne pepper
- For the stir fry:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, reduce into bite sized items
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch inexperienced onions, thinly sliced (green and white parts divided)
- 1 red onion or yellow onion, chopped into big chunks
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 purple bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- To garnish:
- green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
Remove all vegetables from cauliflower and ruin into florets. You can both use a field grater, or a meals processor to procedure the cauliflower into rice. If the use of a food processor (the easier means), merely upload part of cauliflower florets to bowl of the food processor with a blade attachment. Pulse till cauliflower resembles rice. Add in final florets and procedure again till cauliflower becomes rice-like.
Transfer to a large, clean dish towel and squeeze all of the moisture out of the cauliflower. Set apart in a large bowl till in a position to prepare dinner.
Next get ready your stir fry sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk in combination the cashew butter, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, heat water and purple pepper flakes if desired. Set aside.
Now you’re ready to prepare dinner your stir fry: Add coconut oil to a large wok or pot and position over medium prime warmth. Once oil is hot, upload chicken and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 5-6 mins or till fully cooked and not purple. Once chicken is cooked, transfer to a bowl.
Add in the other ½ tablespoon of coconut oil to the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic, then upload within the white a part of inexperienced onions (reserve inexperienced part for topping), chopped purple onion, shredded carrot, crimson bell pepper and broccoli florets. Stir fry for 5-8 mins or till onions cook dinner down and broccoli turns into a little comfortable.
Reduce heat to low, upload in chicken and your sauce, gently stirring to coat veggies and cook for any other couple of minutes whilst you're making the cauliflower rice.
When veggies are cooking, make your cauliflower rice: Add ½ tablespoon coconut oil to a separate large skillet and position over medium warmth. Once oil is hot, upload in cauliflower rice and cook dinner for five mins, stirring now and again. Season with salt and pepper.
There are four servings: Serve ¼ of stir fry with about 1 cup of cauliflower rice. Garnish with inexperienced onion, cilantro and cashews. Enjoy!
If you don’t need to use cashew butter, you can sub for peanut butter, almond butter or tahini. I like the creaminess the cashews give the stir fry despite the fact that!
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (1/4 of stir fry + about 1 cup cauliflower rice)
Saturated fat: 8.5g
You May Like Also