This soup is dedicated to a very particular reader named Courtney. Courtney was once a winner of an AK contest a couple of months ago, and the prize led to a recipe dedicated and inspired by way of her!
Courtney and I chatted a little bit and I came to be told that she is fairly the world traveler — she’s carried out everything from traveling through Europe for a yr to volunteering in Africa or even instructing English in Thailand. While talking along with her, we in fact talked about a few of her favourite foods. One that came up used to be Panang curry and a Northern Thailand noodle dish referred to as Koi Soi. We decided that I’d come up with a curry chicken noodle soup with Thai-inspired flavors to take her again to one of her favorite puts along with her maximum loved meals.
This curry chicken noodle soup is made with a relaxing light coconut milk broth that’s full of nourishing fresh herbs, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, veggies, chicken, and of course, the entire noodles of your desires! So here’s to you, Courtney — I hope you love this soup and that it takes you again to a time of nostalgia.
Chicken noodle soup reinvented
Inspiration: this warming curry chicken noodle soup is a delicious, globally-inspired take on chicken noodle soup and dang, IT IS GOOD. It’s in truth encouraged through my very favorite Nourishing Asian Chicken Soup and is similarly as superb.
Good for you: It’s filled with flavor due to a couple of particular substances and a variety of nourishing, immune-boosting homes thanks to recent garlic, ginger & lemongrass. Garlic has anti-inflammatory homes, ginger is superb for digestion, and lemongrass comprises improbable flavonoids. All of them in combination simply make the dish extremely tasty.
Friendly for all sorts of eaters: This soup is gluten & dairy loose and easily made paleo by simply omitting the noodles! Though I extremely recommend preserving them as a result of they lend a hand to thicken the broth and… well, because noodles = love. Options to spice it up and make it your personal underneath!
What you’ll wish to make curry chicken noodle soup
This curry chicken noodle soup is packing all of the nourishing components and lots of clean, savory flavors. Here’s what you’ll wish to make it:
- Chicken: I really like to make use of boneless skinless chicken thighs on this recipe for additonal taste, but be happy to use chicken breasts for those who’d like. FYI: chicken thighs will likely be more straightforward to drag apart as soon as cooked and stay great and gentle.
- Veggies: we’re adding carrots, green onions and bok choy for a boost of veggies and texture.
- Broth: the broth for this curry chicken noodle soup is produced from light coconut milk and occasional sodium chicken broth.
- Flavor boosters and nourishing spices: these extras give the soup a great, distinctive taste — garlic, freshly grated ginger, curry powder, Thai chili paste, gluten unfastened soy sauce, lemongrass and fish sauce.
- Noodles: you’ll upload rice noodles to the soup to make it a real chicken noodle soup!
- Fresh herbs & toppings: I like topping my bowl with recent cilantro, mint leaves, Thai basil, more inexperienced onion, a Thai chile and lime wedges. It makes all of the difference and you'll be able to stir it right into each bowl. SO DAMN GOOD.
Easy factor swaps
Missing a few things? Here are some swaps I will be able to suggest:
- If you don’t have toasted or darkish sesame oil, be at liberty to use coconut oil or olive oil.
- You can use coconut aminos as a substitute of soy sauce.
- Sriracha will work smartly instead of the Thai chili paste.
- If you don’t have any fish sauce you can go away it out, however I highly recommend including it for a deep umami taste — it in reality does make all the distinction!
- For the toppings, regular basil and a jalapeño are nice swaps for Thai basil and Thai chiles.
How to make curry chicken noodle soup
- Brown your chicken. To give the chicken as much taste as imaginable you’ll want to first brown it in the sesame oil.
- Sauté the veggies. Give your veggies, garlic and ginger a snappy sauté in some extra oil before including the liquid ingredients, spices and chili paste.
- Simmer the soup. You’ll then upload your chicken and the lemongrass stalks directly to the soup pot and simmer the whole thing till the chicken is cooked.
- Finish it off. Once the chicken is cooked you’ll shred it and stir it back into the soup at the side of the rice noodles, bok choy and fish sauce. Remember to also remove the lemongrass stalks!
- Top with freshness. Add the soup to serving bowls and best with all of the fresh items: cilantro, mint, Thai basil, scallions, Thai chile & lime. YUM. DO NOT SKIP the toppings!
Go ahead, make this soup your own
The best part about this curry chicken noodle soup? It’s super simple to customize!
- Keep it vegan or vegetarian via swapping the chicken for a can of chickpeas or cubed tofu!
- Make a paleo model by way of merely omitting the rice noodles
- OR add ramen noodles as an alternative!
- Spice it up with further Thai chili paste or sriracha
- Add additional umami taste with mushrooms
Storing & freezing guidelines
- In the fridge. This curry chicken noodle soup can be saved in an hermetic container in the refrigerator for roughly 3-Four days. Simply reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop. The broth will thicken up a lot, so chances are you'll wish to upload a dash of chicken broth.
- To freeze. Leave the noodles out when you’re making plans to freeze this. Allow the soup to cool completely before striking it into airtight, freezer-friendly luggage or bins. Place within the freezer for up to Three months. To reheat, simply allow the soup to thaw within the fridge earlier than re-heating at the stovetop or within the microwave. If you’re including noodles, prepare dinner them one at a time and upload them in your reheated soup whilst you’re ready to serve, or stir them into your scorching soup (they prepare dinner in no time).
More soup recipes to check out
Vegan Curried Pumpkin Lentil Soup
The Best Minestrone Soup
Nourishing Asian Chicken Soup
Golden Coconut Chicken Lentil Soup
Paleo Coconut Chicken Sweet Potato Noodle Soup
I hope you love this cozy curry chicken noodle soup! If you make it remember to leave a comment and a ranking so I know how you loved it. Enjoy, xo!
Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Cozy and nourishing curry chicken noodle soup full of veggies and simmered in a flavorful coconut milk broth. This one pot curry chicken noodle soup is full of protein and immune-boosting substances for a stupendous lunch or dinner all through colder months!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted or darkish sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Freshly flooring salt and pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bunches of inexperienced onions, white and green parts divided
- 2 massive carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced or grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can mild coconut milk
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon thai chili paste (or ½ tablespoon sriracha works too)
- ¼ cup gluten free low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and outer layers discarded, halved lengthwise
- 6 bok choy ribs with leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 8 oz rice noodles
- For serving:
- ½ cup recent chopped cilantro
- ½ cup torn Thai bail (common basil will even paintings)
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, torn
- Green onion (simply the golf green part of the onion)
- 1 thai chile, to garnish (can also sub jalapeno)
- Lime wedges, for garnishing
Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to a large dutch oven or massive pot and place over medium top warmth. Add in chicken thighs and generously season with salt and pepper. Brown chicken on both sides. You don’t want to prepare dinner the chicken all of the way, simply get it nice and golden brown for flavor functions. Transfer chicken to a plate and put aside.
In the similar pot, add the remaining ½ tablespoon sesame oil. Immediately add in minced garlic, white part simplest of the green onions, sliced carrot and ginger. Saute for 3-5 mins, then upload in the curry powder, coconut milk, chicken broth, thai chili paste and soy sauce. Add the chicken thighs again to the pot and place two lemongrass stalks in. Bring to a boil, then reduce warmth and simmer for 25 minutes.
After 25 mins, use a slotted spoon to take away chicken from the pot and switch to a chopping board. Use two forks to shred chicken. Before including chicken back to the pot, take away the lemongrass stalks and discard. If you would like to add rice noodles, now could be the time to take action; add them to the pot along side the shredded chicken, bok choy and fish sauce and simmer for 10 more mins or until rice noodles are great and smooth.
Pour into bowls, then garnish with a few cilantro, mint, thai green basil, green scallions, thai chile and a contemporary squeeze of lime.
To store: retailer this soup in an airtight container within the fridge for roughly 3-4 days. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
To freeze: leave the noodles out if you are planning to freeze this. Allow the soup to chill totally prior to hanging it into hermetic, freezer-friendly baggage or bins. Place within the freezer for up to Three months. To reheat, simply permit the soup to thaw within the fridge sooner than re-heating on the stovetop or in the microwave. If you’re adding noodles, cook them one by one and upload them to your reheated soup while you’re able to serve, or stir them into your scorching soup (they cook dinner in no time).
Servings: 6 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (according to 6)
Saturated fat: 5.2g
Recipe by way of: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also