I’ve been loving sharing some of my go-to, simple side dishes with you for easy weeknight meals. Dinnertime is all the time a a laugh challenge trying to wrangle Sidney and feed Viggo at the identical time, so quick and nourishing side dishes like my favourite coconut rice recipe have been staples in our area.
Not best does this creamy coconut rice take under 30 (hands-off) mins to make, but it’s also full of rather candy flavors that pair so neatly with savory major dishes. We love serving this rice with any type of protein, but be certain to get even more concepts for pairings at the backside of the post! Trust me, you’re going to LOVE this one and most definitely make it weekly.
AK Back to Basics collection
Loving these helpful how-to guides and step-by-step tutorials? We’re launching a FREE collection the place we’ll will let you tackle a brand new kitchen or cooking problem as soon as per week!
Join the AK VIP list to start getting all of our amazing Back to Basics posts as soon as they arrive out.
The magic of coconut rice
If you’ve never infused your regular facet of white rice with coconut, you’re in for a scrumptious surprise. This coconut rice recipe:
- Has an attractive, creamy texture that’s fluffy at the same time
- Is naturally a little sweet from delicious coconut milk
- Makes the absolute best aspect dish that’s easy to customise with much more flavor variations!
Everything you’ll need to make the best coconut rice
Good information: this easy coconut rice recipe calls for just 4 easy elements! You’ll need to make this one over and over to pair with your favorite major foods. Here’s what you’ll want:
- Jasmine white rice: I love the use of jasmine rice for the easiest, fluffy texture. You too can use brown rice but notice that it gained’t be as fluffy.
- Coconut milk: I love to use full fat coconut milk from the can as it’s tremendous creamy and has the best possible amount of sweetness.
- Water: to thin out the coconut milk you’ll also want a bit of water.
- Salt: season your coconut rice with just a bit of salt.
Simple component swaps
While this straightforward coconut rice recipe makes use of just four substances, here are a couple swaps you can make:
- For the rice: be at liberty to additionally use white basmati rice.
- For the coconut milk: you'll be able to additionally use lite coconut milk from the can — the rice will simply be rather less creamy & flavorful. I might no longer suggest using almond milk or coconut milk from a carton.
The key to creamy coconut rice
If you want the perfect creamy coconut rice, take into account to let it steam after it’s achieved simmering. You’ll need to leave the lid to your pot, remove the whole pot from the warmth and depart it be for about 10 mins. This will let the rice steam, cut back any leftover liquid and create the best texture.
How to cook the best coconut rice
- Combine the substances. You’ll upload the rice, coconut milk, water and salt to a medium pot and produce all of it to a boil.
- Cover & simmer. Once the whole lot is boiling, quilt the pot with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to low in order that the rice simmers for 15 minutes.
- Steam it. As I mentioned above, that is the key to super fluffy coconut rice! After quarter-hour take the pot off of the warmth and let the rice steam for 10 minutes with out opening the lid.
- Fluff & serve. After 10 mins, fluff the rice with a fork and serve it with your fav foods!
Add fun flavors
This coconut rice is a wonderful base for adding much more delicious flavors! Here are a few of our favorites:
- For a candy possibility: upload 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Tropical & fruity: upload 1 diced mango or 1 cup diced pineapple.
- Cilantro lime: add ¼ cup chopped cilantro + 1 lime, juiced.
- Turmeric ginger: add 1 teaspoon ground turmeric + ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or sub ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- Curry flavored: add 1 tablespoon curry powder.
Easily make a smaller batch
Cooking for only one or two? Feel free to halve the batch to serve just a couple of other people or foods. You’ll then just need 1 cup rice, 1 can of coconut milk, ¼ cup water and a pinch of salt. Easy!
Storing & freezing guidelines
Coconut rice is the best facet dish for meal prep as it’s super easy to store and you can even freeze it for later!
- To retailer: let the coconut rice cool utterly sooner than shifting it to an airtight container or bag. Store it in the fridge for up to 4-5 days, and easily reheat it in the microwave earlier than serving.
- To freeze: let the coconut rice cool totally, then transfer it to a freezer-safe, airtight container or bag. Freeze the coconut rice for up to 3 months. To reheat, let the rice thaw in the refrigerator earlier than reheating it in the microwave. If the rice seems dry, simply reheat with a bit of of water.
What to devour with coconut rice
This simple, creamy coconut rice is most definitely my favourite side dish EVER to pair with meals. Here are some of my go-to’s:
Get all of our delicious rice recipes here!
I'm hoping you love this delicious coconut rice recipe! If you make it make sure that to leave a comment and a ranking so I do know how you really liked it. Enjoy, xo!
How to Make My Favorite Coconut Rice
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 30 mins
My absolute favorite, creamy coconut rice made with three simple substances for the best aspect dish! This easy coconut rice recipe is ready in just under half-hour and is delicious paired along with your favorite meals like salmon, stir frys, curries and extra.
- 2 cups jasmine white rice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans complete fat coconut milk (too can use lite coconut milk from the can)
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Combine rice, coconut milk, water and salt in a medium pot, and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, quilt with a tight-fitting lid, scale back warmth to low and simmer rice for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take away from warmth (keep the lid on -- DO NOT OPEN), and allow rice to steam for every other 10 minutes, then fluff rice with a fork. Serve with your favourite meal corresponding to salmon, stir fry, and many others.
To make a smaller batch: merely use 1 cup rice, 1 can coconut milk, ¼ cup water, pinch of salt and that’s it!
To store: let the coconut rice cool completely prior to transferring it to an airtight container or bag. Store it in the fridge for up to 4-Five days, and easily reheat it in the microwave before serving. See the complete blog put up for freezing directions.
Sweet: upload 1 tablespoon of sugar
Fruity: upload 1 diced mango
Cilantro lime: upload ¼ cup chopped cilantro + 1 lime, juiced
Turmeric ginger: add 1 teaspoon ground turmeric + ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or sub ½ teaspoon flooring ginger)
Curry: add 1 tablespoon curry powder
Servings: 8 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (in line with 8)
Saturated fat: 15g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography via: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also