It always feels outstanding to wake up and notice banana bread sitting at the counter waiting to be gobbled. You are aware of it’s going to be even better than it was the first day, if that’s even conceivable. Yet you tell yourself you’ll have it later, perhaps for an afternoon treat.
Shortly after you open the pantry and peer into the refrigerator, you already know you’re absolutely having that banana bread for breakfast. There’s no preventing you. You’re yearning it NOW.
That used to be my scenario remaining week and it ended with me taking part in two thick slices with peanut butter on top. Plus a couple of fresh strawberries, chia seeds and huge chunks of darkish chocolate. Because antioxidants, proper?
What is chickpea flour?
Today’s banana bread involves you with a fantastic flour I discovered a few years again: chickpea flour! It’s often referred to as garbanzo bean flour, gram flour and besan, and it’s used in a large number of Middle Eastern & Indian cooking and baking. Trust me after I say this flour is astounding!
- It’s inexpensive. Compared to a flour like almond flour, you save some cash.
- It’s nutritious. This protein goddess is packed with 6g of protein and 5g fiber consistent with serving. SAY WHAT?
- It’s gluten loose & nut free. The perfect choice in the event you’re searching for a baked just right that’s both!
- It’s fairly candy. The flour itself is naturally a little sweet (like almond & coconut flour) this means that that it used to be simple to cut back on the sweeteners in the recipe.
Where are you able to buy chickpea flour?
You can in most cases find chickpea flour at Whole Foods and even online.
The good news is that chickpea flour isn’t tough to make your self, it’s simply ground up dried chickpeas which might be pulsed into a high quality powder with the onerous items sifted out. I’ve haven’t attempted the DIY version yet, however wish to. Basically you’ll just want to make sure that you'll be able to get it right into a effective sufficient flour together with your blender.
Everything you’ll need to make chickpea flour banana bread
This delicious & simple chickpea flour banana bread makes use of a number of pantry staples to make baking a breeze. Plus the components give the bread a large amount of protein and fiber! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bananas: be sure to use tremendous ripe bananas to provide the bread a natural sweetness.
- Sweetener: you’ll additionally upload in a marginally of honey or natural maple syrup.
- Eggs: you’ll need two eggs in this banana bread recipe. I've now not examined it with flax eggs however let me know in case you do!
- Oil: be at liberty to use olive oil, coconut oil, butter or vegan butter to give the banana bread moisture. We love the olive oil version!
- Chickpea flour: the famous person of the display! The bread will bake up beautifully due to chickpea flour.
- Baking staples: you’ll additionally need vanilla extract, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and a dash of apple cider vinegar.
- Optional mix-ins: be at liberty to add chocolate chips, blueberries, chopped walnuts or pecans, or some shredded coconut to provide the bread additional goodness.
Can I use regular flour?
You probably may just, however that’s now not actually the point of this banana bread, now is it? If you’re on the lookout for another flour to use, take a look at the sort of recipes:
How to make banana bread with chickpea flour
- Prep your pan. Line an 8×Four inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Whisk the dry. Mix together the chickpea flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt in a bowl.
- Mix the wet. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas, honey, vanilla, eggs, oil and apple cider vinegar till easy.
- Make your batter & bake! Add the dry substances to the wet elements and mix until simply mixed. Stir in any mix-ins you’d like, bake & experience!
Make it into truffles
Yes, you'll make this easy chickpea flour banana bread into desserts! Follow the recipe instructions and divide the batter flippantly in your muffin tray. Then simply bake them for 18-23 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
What does chickpea flour banana bread style like?
It tastes just like…banana bread! Years in the past when I first make this bread I introduced it to one among my favorite non-public running shoes but didn’t tell him it used to be made with chickpea flour. He stated the bread was amazing. Tony also ate a number of slices with peanut butter on top for dessert. He LOVED it and confirmed that it tasted exactly like common banana bread. Having a chum, spouse or family member who will take a look at anything else you are making is severely a blessing.
The best possible banana bread for kids
This chickpea flour banana bread is kid-approved! My 1-year old wolfed it down and it’s this type of nice snack to stay readily available as it freezes effectively. We make it with further ripe bananas (they will have to be mostly brown in color), use a dairy free milk instead of maple syrup and skip the chocolate chips for him.
Storing & freezing tips
To retailer: this gluten unfastened chickpea flour banana bread must be kept well-covered in foil or plastic wrap at room temperature for as much as Three days, then I like to recommend transferring to the fridge or freezer.
To freeze: this chickpea flour banana bread freezes effectively! Simply wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and finally place in a reusable bag or freezer-friendly bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature as soon as you are prepared to eat. You can also be happy to freeze particular person slices for a quick at the cross deal with!
More gluten unfastened baked items to check out
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins (dairy free + gluten free)
Fluffy Flourless Peanut Butter Chickpea Muffins
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quinoa Banana Bread
Healthy Birthday Cake Bread
The Best Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hope you like this chickpea flour banana bread! If you're making it make sure you leave a comment and a rating so I understand how you loved it. Enjoy, xo!
Chickpea Flour Banana Bread (gluten loose!)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 mins
Total Time 50 mins
Beautiful & nutritious chickpea flour banana bread full of protein & fiber for the perfect breakfast or snack. This gluten unfastened chickpea flour banana bread could also be nut unfastened, dairy loose and naturally sweetened! Enjoy with chocolate chips or your favourite nuts.
- 3 medium overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/3 cup mashed banana)
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or sub melted and cooled coconut oil, butter or vegan butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour (garbanzo bean flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional upload ins:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk in combination chickpea flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
In a big bowl, mix bananas, honey/pure maple syrup, eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar; blend until well mixed and creamy.
Add dry ingredients to wet components and blend till simply mixed. Fold in any of the non-compulsory add-ins to create your personal version of this scrumptious bread. I extremely suggest chocolate chips and/or nuts!
Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth best. Bake for 40-Fifty five minutes or till tester inserted into center comes out clean.
Remove from oven and place on twine rack to chill for 10-15 minutes, then carefully invert, remove bread from pan and position again on cord rack to chill completely. Cut into 12 slices.
*Nutrition data is according to banana bread simplest, with out further add ins.
You can also bake this into cakes, alter the baking time to 18-23 mins.
To make vegan: I have never attempted to make this vegan, but I believe using flaxeggs may paintings. Let me know for those who give it a take a look at!
To retailer: this banana bread should be saved well-covered in foil or plastic wrap at room temperature for as much as 3 days, then I like to recommend transferring to the refrigerator or freezer.
To freeze: wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and in spite of everything position in a reusable bag or freezer-friendly bag for as much as Three months. Thaw at room temperature as soon as you're ready to eat. You too can be at liberty to freeze individual slices for a fast on the cross deal with!
Servings: 12 slices
Serving dimension: 1 slice (without mix-ins)
Saturated fats: 1.1g
Post initially revealed April 2016; republished January 24, 2021
Recipe via: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by way of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also