Today’s smoothie is all about my love for carrot cake, as a result of if there’s one cake that I may just eat again and again, it could be carrot cake. And trace, trace: when you haven’t made my layered grain free, gluten free carrot cake but, you absolutely need to put it on your will have to bake listing ASAP!
However, for those who happen to be within the mood for something slightly lighter and extra nutritious, I highly suggest this delicious creamy carrot cake smoothie that tastes like a slice of cake.
Carrot cake smoothie elements
This carrot cake smoothie has all the delicious flavors of carrot cake, together with the comfortable spices like cinnamon, natural sweeteners from fruit and carrots and different simple ingredients full of vitamins. There’s 10g of protein, almost 8g of fiber, and heart-healthy fats making it a great breakfast or post-workout smoothie. Here are the components you’ll need:
- Raw carrot: this recipe calls for a big carrot, which can upload nutrition A and that scrumptious, carrot cake flavor. If you don’t have a high powered blender, it could be laborious to fully mix the raw carrot.
- Frozen banana: the usage of frozen fruit it best possible in smoothies and banana helps to sweeten this one!
- Frozen pineapple: in the event you’ve ever had a carrot cake with pineapple in it, you’ll LOVE this addition. It provides a unique sweetness that brings out the carrot cake flavor.
- Coconut milk (or any milk): I love using coconut milk on this recipe to add a tropical, creamy taste, but be happy to use any milk you’d like (dairy free or regular).
- Greek yogurt: for a boost of protein and to stay the recipe clean and creamy, I love using greek yogurt. I typically use plain greek yogurt in my smoothie recipes, but you'll be able to use vanilla should you prefer a sweeter smoothie, or feel free to use a dairy unfastened yogurt.
- Oats: this provides a little bit heartiness for your carrot cake smoothie and can lend a hand thicken it, be at liberty so as to add in 1/4 cup rolled oats. Do not use steel lower oats as they will now not mix neatly.
- Nut butter: either pecan butter or almond butter will work smartly on this recipe to create that nice, toasty taste that’s frequently present in carrot cake.
- Vanilla: gotta have that boost of vanilla flavor.
- Spices: don’t fail to remember the cinnamon and nutmeg to help carry out that spiced carrot cake flavor!
Add further diet to this carrot cake smoothie
Looking to add a vitamin spice up to this smoothie? Here are some nice smoothie mix-ins I like to recommend:
- Flaxseed meal: that is one in every of my favourite ingredients to add to smoothies for slightly boost of fiber and minerals, and is particularly great for nursing mamas as flaxseed can lend a hand build up milk provide. Usually, a tablespoon is masses! Here’s a brand I love.
- Chia seeds: be at liberty so as to add in a tablespoon of chia seeds for your smoothie for a spice up of healthy fat and fiber.
- Hemp seeds: if you happen to’ve been wondering what to do with those hemp seeds lurking on your cabinet, be happy to throw in a tablespoon into your smoothie for a spice up of healthy fat, omegas and minerals.
- Spinach: in case you’re taking a look to get more greens for your smoothie, take a look at including a cup or two of raw or cooked spinach. You’ll never be capable of taste it, but just know that it's going to change the color of your smoothie to brown depending on what other fruit you utilize.
- Protein: Easily add more protein to a smoothie by means of adding 1/2 cup greek yogurt or 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder. I like to recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Bob’s Red Mill Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder.
- Frozen cauliflower: be at liberty to throw in a cup of frozen cauliflower to thicken your smoothie much more and get further veggies in. You gained’t even be able to taste it!
What does this healthy carrot cake smoothie taste like?
Adding carrot to a smoothie might sound bizarre, however believe me, it’s delicious! If you’ve ever made my Healthier Carrot Cake Banana Bread, you’ll love the flavors on this toasty, completely sweet smoothie. Add a few chopped pecans on top, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and even some coconut flakes for a yummy breakfast that tastes like a treat.
The highest solution to prep your carrots
If you might have a high-powered blender like a Vitamix, feel free to simply chop your carrot and upload it into your blender for the smoothie. If your blender isn’t as heavy accountability, I’d counsel shredding your carrot first with a hand grater or box grater in order that it blends up smartly with the other elements. Use shredded carrots in these wonderful recipes, too:
How to make a creamy carrot cake smoothie
This scrumptious, creamy carrot cake smoothie is really easy to make! simply add all of our substances to a excessive powered blender and mix until clean and creamy. Top with the rest you’d like — I love adding my homemade granola, additional shredded carrots, coconut flakes or pecans.
Tips for making smoothies
Here are a few of my favourite pointers I like to proportion with reference to creating the most efficient creamy, healthy smoothies:
- Use frozen fruit. Using frozen fruit is perfect because it is helping assists in keeping the smoothie chilly and thick. Sometimes ice doesn’t mix as well, so it’s easiest to skip unless completely vital.
- Add more liquid. Don’t be afraid to add more liquid in case your smoothie is too thick or won’t absolutely blend. High powered blenders generally tend to blend frozen fruit much better, so you probably have a regular or non-public measurement blender, it's possible you'll want to add extra milk.
- Start on low speed. Start the blender on low speed, then steadily increase to excessive to lend a hand mix all components. Finally end with the blender on low pace.
- Sweeten it up. If a smoothie doesn’t taste candy enough on your liking, you'll be able to add a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, pure maple syrup or 1 pitted Medjool date.
- Use your fav milk. Feel free to use any milk you’d like in smoothie recipes in step with your personal tastes. Almond milk has a tendency to have a neutral taste in smoothies, coconut milk will upload a extra tropical and creamy flavor, and common milk will upload a spice up of protein.
Meal prep this carrot cake smoothie
Yes, you can make this creamy carrot cake smoothie ahead of time! I have three amazing ways to prep & store smoothies right on your freezer. Learn the ice dice tray, mason jar and freezer pack strategies.
More smoothie recipes to take a look at
I will’t wait to listen to how you prefer this carrot cake smoothie! Be sure to depart a remark & a rating so I know how you loved it. And don’t omit to check out our guide on how to prep smoothies ahead of time. xo!
Carrot Cake Smoothie
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Delicious, healthy carrot cake smoothie made with healthy elements like carrot, banana, pineapple, creamy coconut milk, greek yogurt, and plenty of comfortable spices. This creamy, protein-packed carrot cake smoothie makes the perfect breakfast or post-workout snack!
- 1 massive uncooked carrot, sliced (or shred when you don’t have a high-powered blender akin to a Vitamix)
- 1 frozen medium ripe banana
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¾ cup mild coconut milk, plus extra if necessary (use any milk you would like)
- ¼ cup undeniable greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup gluten loose oats
- 1 tablespoon pecan butter or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp flooring cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
In a big high-powered blender, upload in all components and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or till all substances are well combined. If essential, add in more almond milk to thin the smoothie. Makes 1 smoothie for a complete meal. If you want this as a snack, this recipe will serve 2.
- flaxseed meal: this is one in all my favourite substances to add to smoothies for somewhat spice up of fiber and minerals, and is especially nice for nursing mamas as flaxseed can assist build up milk provide. Usually a tablespoon is plenty!
- chia seeds: feel free so as to add in a tablespoon of chia seeds to your smoothie for a spice up of healthy fat and fiber.
- hemp seeds: in the event you’ve been wondering what to do with the ones hemp seeds lurking in your cabinet, be happy to throw in a tablespoon into your smoothie for a spice up of healthy fat, omegas and minerals.
- spinach: should you’re taking a look to get more greens on your smoothie, take a look at adding a cup or two of uncooked or cooked spinach. You’ll by no means be able to taste it, however just know that it will exchange the color of your smoothie to brown depending on what other fruit you employ.
- protein: easily upload more protein to a smoothie via including 1 scoop of your favourite protein powder. I like to recommend Vital Protein collagen peptides or Bob’s Red Mill Plant Based Vanilla Protein Powder.
- frozen cauliflower: be at liberty to throw in a cup of frozen cauliflower to thicken your smoothie much more and get extra veggies in. You received’t even be capable to style it!
Servings: 1 serving
Serving dimension: 1 smoothie
Saturated fat: 10g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by way of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also