This is a type of recipes that truly takes no time to make at all, which is one of the causes it’s been in heavy rotation in our house lately. I make most of our dinners in 30-45 minutes, which is just about very important you probably have a hangry infant lurking at your ft or playing for your tupperware drawer, am I proper or am I right?
This dinner is very easy to make: just shred your brussels sprouts (this takes two minutes within the meals processor and can also be carried out ahead of time!), prepare dinner your bacon and spaghetti noodles, stir in some parm, spices, salt and pepper… and increase! dinner is able.
I'm hoping you're keen on this simple, but scrumptious spaghetti with bacon and brussels sprouts. Highly recommend with some garlic bread at the side, too!
Everything you’ll need to make this spaghetti with brussels sprouts & bacon
If you’re looking for an effective way to sneak veggies into your fav convenience meals, you’ve come to the appropriate position. This veggie-packed spaghetti recipe has just Five core elements (plus some seasonings) and the outcome couldn’t be extra delicious. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Brussels sprouts: we’re filling this spaghetti recipe with veggies thanks to finely shredded brussels sprouts! The kiddos received’t even understand. You can shred them in the meals processor or through hand with a knife — up to you!
- Olive oil: you’ll want somewhat of olive oil to cook down the shredded brussels sprouts.
- Bacon: the savory, salty bacon provides such an awesome flavor to this pasta.
- Spaghetti: glorious, twirl-able spaghetti pairs completely with the shredded brussels.
- Parmesan: gotta have some cheese with your spaghetti recipe. Grated parmesan get melty and scrumptious when blended with the warm spaghetti noodles and reserved pasta water.
- Seasonings: you’ll simply want just a little of garlic powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if you happen to like slightly warmth.
Make it your own
This bacon brussels sprouts spaghetti is tremendous simple to customise to fit your private preferences. Here’s what I can counsel:
- Feel loose to keep it gluten free. Feel loose to make use of your favorite gluten free spaghetti noodles.
- Swap your bacon. Turkey bacon would also be scrumptious in right here, or you can omit the bacon to make the dish vegetarian.
- Choose your veggies. This spaghetti would even be delicious with finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, spinach or peas.
How to shred brussels sprouts
- The perfect approach to shred brussels sprouts is by using your meals processor. Simply add the slicing attachment on your meals processor, drop within the brussels sprouts (making sure the ends are trimmed off) and process till the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced.
- No meals processor? No downside. If you don’t have a food processor you can thinly slice the brussels sprouts with a pointy knife. Just be sure to remove the stem and any outer yellow leaves.
Time saving tip
Use either of the methods above to shred your brussels sprouts as much as 2-Three days ahead of time to avoid wasting time when you’re cooking!
Looking for extra protein?
This brussels sprouts spaghetti would even be delicious with:
- Cooked, cubed rooster breast (my honey mustard chicken can be extraordinary!)
- Cooked, sliced chicken sausage
- My do-it-yourself mini pesto turkey meatballs from this recipe
- Or a can of chickpeas
Feel free to switch the bacon out for any of the choices above, or upload in additional protein to make this recipe cross further!
How to make brussels sprouts spaghetti
- Shred the brussels sprouts. As I mentioned above, feel free to shred those young children ahead of time as a way to skip this step!
- Cook the bacon. Simply cook your whole bacon in a skillet till golden brown. I do this on medium to medium low heat to stop burning. You can also bake your bacon if you happen to prefer.
- Sauté the brussels sprouts. You’ll then cook dinner your shredded brussels in a bit olive oil, salt & pepper until they get nice and somewhat golden and a bit crispy.
- Cook the pasta. Cook up that spaghetti in a large pot of water and a generous quantity of salt. Be certain to avoid wasting pasta water when you drain it!
- Add your mix-ins. Drain the pasta, upload it again in your pot and stir in parmesan cheese, reserved pasta water, garlic, cooked brussels, bacon, salt & pepper to style. Top with crimson pepper flakes when you’d like and enjoy!
Storing & reheating guidelines
Store any leftover bacon brussels sprouts spaghetti in airtight containers in the fridge for as much as 3-5 days. To reheat merely accomplish that in a microwave safe dish.
Recommended gear for this recipe
More scrumptious pasta recipes to check out
Get all of our delicious pasta recipes here!
I'm hoping you love this wonderful bacon parmesan brussels sprouts spaghetti! If you make it be sure you leave a remark and a ranking so I know how you really liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Bacon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Spaghetti
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 30 mins
Incredible bacon brussels sprouts parmesan spaghetti full of taste and made with tremendous easy components.. This easy brussels sprouts spaghetti recipe comes together in simply half-hour for a scrumptious, protein-packed dinner the entire family will love!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and outer yellow leaves removed*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 8 oz. bacon (or sub turkey bacon)
- 10 ounces spaghetti, be happy to use gluten free or complete grain pasta
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to style
- Red pepper flakes, if desired
First, shred the brussels sprouts via using a food processor with the chopping attachment and pulse until the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. If you don’t have a meals processor, feel free to make use of a pointy knife to thinly slice. Set apart. You can prep the brussels as much as 2-3 days forward of time, if you’d like.
Next, add bacon to a big skillet or pan and place over medium warmth, prepare dinner bacon on either side until golden brown. If the pan begins to smoke at any point, simply lower the warmth. I all the time prepare dinner my bacon on medium to medium low warmth. Once bacon is finished cooking, you'll put aside to cool, blot with a paper towel to soak up excess grease after which chop into bite-sized items.
Add oil to a large pan or skillet and position over medium-high heat. Add in shredded brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper and cook for a couple of mins, stirring steadily till soft and quite golden brown. Remove from warmth as soon as accomplished.
While the brussels prepare dinner, place a large pot of water over excessive heat and upload in a generous amount of salt. Once the water boils, stir in the pasta and cook till al dente. Once pasta is completed cooking, reserve ⅓ cup of pasta water and put aside, then drain pasta in a colander and transfer pasta back to the pot.
Immediately stir in the parmesan cheese, reserved pasta water, garlic powder, shredded brussels, chopped bacon, and salt and pepper, to style. Garnish with purple pepper flakes, if desired and serve right away.
To store: store any leftover bacon brussels sprouts spaghetti in hermetic boxes within the fridge for up to 3-Five days. To reheat merely achieve this in a microwave safe dish.
Servings: Four servings
Serving size: 1 serving (in accordance with 4)
Saturated fats: 6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by way of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also