As I made this recipe, I spotted how much I used to are living off oatmeal. It used to be such a morning ritual for me.
Workout early, come house, shower, make a batch of oats on the range topped with thick banana slices and creamy peanut butter.
I’d devour the oats whilst they had been additional scorching, virtually entertaining a imaginable tongue burn — but that didn’t topic, oatmeal was my go-to comfort food within the mornings. Anyone feel the similar?
These days I don’t have oatmeal as incessantly as I’d preferably like to. Usually I’m busy within the mornings so my go-to breakfast recipes are most often this sweet potato smoothie, coffee smoothie or green smoothie because frankly, they’re easy and contain zero cooking.
But from time to time I in finding myself yearning one thing heat and comfortable; that’s exactly the place these make-ahead apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups are available in! They’re freezer friendly, best possible warm with a HUGE dollop of your favorite nut butter and nice as an at the cross snack or breakfast. Plus, it’s apple season and we should rejoice by means of baking our hearts out. Apple crisp, any person?!
What’s in these apple cinnamon oatmeal cups?
These perfectly transportable baked apple cinnamon cups are one of my favorite issues to make when I've a few too many apples — and especially recommended in the event you’ve not too long ago been to the apple orchard. What’s distinctive about these apple oatmeal cups is that in addition they come with almond butter, which gives every muffin with just about 5g protein. Here’s what you wish to have:
- Apple: you’ll only need 1 apple for the ones great chunks. I recommend a sweet, but company apple similar to honeycrisp or pink lady.
- Applesauce: that is to assist keep the truffles wet and give them scrumptious apple taste.
- Almond butter: you're more than welcome to make use of almond, peanut, pecan or cashew butter on this recipe — just be sure it’s all herbal with most effective nuts + salt.
- Eggs: gotta get in that protein and lend a hand the cups stay in combination.
- Pure maple syrup: to lend a hand herbal sweeten these!
- Vanilla extract: always.
- Almond milk: I prefer almond milk however be at liberty to make use of no matter milk you will have available.
- Oats: to keep those oatmeal cups gluten free, I recommend the usage of gluten free rolled oats. If you aren’t gluten free, regular outdated rolled oats paintings wonderfully! Do now not use steel lower oats.
- Baking powder: to help these upward push somewhat.
- Cozy spices: we’re the use of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Salt: for a little bit flavor spice up!
How to store apple baked oatmeal cups
You could make these apple oatmeal cups forward of time and keep them in an airtight container within the fridge for up to per week. Once ready to devour, just reheat them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
But here’s the good news: you'll easily freeze oatmeal cups! Allow them to cool totally after baking, then position in an hermetic container or reusable bag akin to these and freeze for as much as 3 months. Once in a position to eat, you can microwave them for Forty five seconds-1 minute or till warm.
My favourite technique to revel in these is with a drizzle of nut butter on top and a sprinkle of cinnamon & sea salt. So scrumptious + they’re even kid-friendly! Enjoy — xo.
If you're making this recipe, please depart a comment beneath and charge the recipe beneath to let me understand how you really liked it. You too can tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram along with your creations!
Almond Butter Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Easy apple cinnamon baked oatmeal cups made with applesauce, fresh apples, oats, maple syrup and almond butter for a boost of protein + flavor. Freezer-friendly, nice for youngsters or meal prep!
- Wet ingredients:
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup creamy herbal almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 huge eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla or regular almond milk
- Dry components:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten unfastened if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced apple (from 1 medium apple)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix together the applesauce, almond butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and neatly combined.
Next stir in dry substances: oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt; stir smartly to mix. Fold within the diced apples.
Evenly distribute batter between muffin liners and bake for 25-30 minutes or till golden brown on top. Once able to serve, be at liberty to consume warm or chilly. I like topping mine with nut butter. Serves 12.
You can simply freeze oatmeal cups! Allow them to chill totally after baking, then place in an hermetic container or reusable bag reminiscent of these and freeze for as much as Three months. Once able to eat, you'll be able to microwave them for Forty five seconds-1 minute or till warm.
Feel unfastened to make use of no matter nut butter you need in the oatmeal cups. Almond butter, peanut butter and pecan butter are all nice options.
Servings: 12 oatmeal cups
Serving dimension: 1 oatmeal cup
Saturated fats: 0.7g
Recipe by means of: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by means of: Eat Love Eat
You May Like Also