Abra and I each have a PB obsession. We buy the biggest jars to be had on the store and imagine it a pantry staple as we’re at all times trying one thing new with it. Spreading it over toast and rice muffins, making an attempt it in a salad, smothering apples with it, drizzling it over pancakes and waffles, stirring it into sizzling chocolate and guzzling it from the jar. NBD.
What are we able to say, we’re true peanut butter lovahs. Which is strictly why we made you those simple VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES for day 6 of #AKCookieWeek. They’re totally customizable and just so occur to be gluten loose and grain loose too — whoo hoo!
Ingredients in vegan peanut butter cookies
Surprisingly those vegan peanut butter cookies are best made in a single bowl with simply 5 simple ingredients. No eggs, no dairy, no butter, no gluten! Just a couple of elements for cushy, chewy peanut butter cookies that everybody will love. Here’s what you wish to have:
- Peanut butter: make sure you use an all herbal drippy peanut butter.
- Flaxseed meal: we use this to make a ‘flaxegg’.
- Pure maple syrup: those peanut butter cookies are naturally sweetened!
- Almond flour: make sure you use a tremendous blanched almond flour to get the appropriate texture and consistency in those cookies.
- Baking soda: slightly baking soda to create the easiest texture.
How to make vegan peanut butter cookies
Making peanut butter cookies vegan is easy!
- Make a ‘flaxegg’. Combine flaxseed meal and water in a bowl then place in refrigerator to gel up.
- Mix in the remaining components. After flax egg gels up, upload the remainder of the elements to the bowl and stir till smartly blended and a dough forms.
- Chill dough for 15-20 minutes. You’ll need to relax the dough whilst the oven preheats.
- Preheat oven and prepare cookie sheet by means of lining it with parchment paper.
- Form dough into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet and just rather flatten the highest.
- Bake cookies. For 10-12 minutes or until edges are reasonably golden brown. Allow cookies to chill for 5-10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to twine rack. Enjoy!
How to customize peanut butter cookies
I sought after to test these a couple of different choices to make these peanut butter cookies your own, especially throughout the vacation season.
- Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips to the batter. You can use vegan/dairy loose chocolate chips when you’d like. I like sprinkling them with sea salt after.
- To make PB&J thumbprints: be sure you fairly flatten the tops of the cookies sooner than baking. Once they come out of the oven, take a ½ teaspoon or your thumb and gently press a thumbprint into the middle of each cookie dough ball. Fill the center of each cookie with about ½ teaspoon of raspberry or strawberry jam.
- To make peanut butter blossoms: you'll want to moderately flatten the tops of the cookies before baking. Once they arrive out of the oven, take a ½ teaspoon or your thumb and gently press a thumbprint into the middle of every cookie dough ball. Next, melt 2 oz of dark chocolate or about ⅓ cup chocolate chips in a microwave secure bowl in 30 2nd increments. Add about ½ teaspoon melted chocolate to the thumbprint of every cookie and position back on cord rack. The chocolate will sooner or later harden, or you'll be able to stick them on a plate/cookie sheet and position within the refrigerator for five mins to harden the chocolate.
- To make salted chocolate pretzel cookies: once cookies come out of the oven, place 1 gluten free pretzel in the middle of the cookie and gently press down. Next melt ¼ cup chocolate chips in a microwave protected bowl in 30 2d increments, stirring in between till easy. Drizzle the tops of the cookies with chocolate and sprinkle with a little sea salt.
I am hoping you love these vegan peanut butter cookies! Please leave a remark underneath and let me know if you are making them.
5-Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Deliciously comfortable, vintage vegan peanut butter cookies made with Five simple ingredients plus a few a laugh taste variations! You'll love making these simple vegan and gluten free peanut butter cookies for the holidays and any time you wish to have a sweet treat.
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup creamy herbal drippy peanut butter (handiest peanuts + salt as substances)
- Optional: ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup natural maple syrup
- 1/3 cup packed tremendous blanched almond flour (pack it like you might with brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
In a medium bowl, mix in combination flaxseed meal and water. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow for the mixture to gel up.
After 10 minutes, add peanut butter, natural maple syrup, almond flour, and baking soda to the bowl and blend until well combined. The dough must seem to be soft and reasonably rainy. Refrigerate dough for 15-20 minutes while oven heats up.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
After 10-Quarter-hour, roll dough into heaping tablespoon sized balls (sure the dough will still be slightly soft) and position on cookie sheet. Gently flatten the tops of the cookies with the palm of your hand. If you prefer thicker, puffy cookies, do not flatten. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to take a seat on baking sheet for 10 mins prior to moving to a wire rack to complete cooling. Makes 15-18 cookies.
Options for the cookies:
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips to the batter. You can use vegan/dairy free chocolate chips should you’d like. I like sprinkling them with sea salt after!
To make PB&J thumbprints: make sure you moderately flatten the tops of the cookies ahead of baking. Once they come out of the oven, take a ½ teaspoon or your thumb and gently press a thumbprint into the center of each and every cookie dough ball. Fill the middle of every cookie with about ½ teaspoon of raspberry or strawberry jam.
To make peanut butter blossoms: be sure you reasonably flatten the tops of the cookies prior to baking. Once they come out of the oven, take a ½ teaspoon or your thumb and gently press a thumbprint into the center of every cookie dough ball. Next, soften 2 oz. of darkish chocolate or about ⅓ cup chocolate chips in a microwave secure bowl in 30 2d increments. Add about ½ teaspoon melted chocolate to the thumbprint of each and every cookie and place back on wire rack. The chocolate will ultimately harden, or you can stick them on a plate/cookie sheet and position in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.
To make salted chocolate pretzel cookies: once cookies come out of the oven, place 1 gluten free pretzel in the course of the cookie and gently press down. Next melt ¼ cup chocolate chips in a microwave protected bowl in 30 2d increments, stirring in between till clean. Drizzle the tops of the cookies with chocolate and sprinkle with somewhat sea salt.
Servings: 15 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 cookie (with out toppings)
Saturated fat: 0.6g
Recipe by means of: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by way of: Eat Love Eats
You May Like Also